4x4 cm photo
A 4x4 cm passport photo is a widespread passport photo format in Latin America.
Table of contents
- 4x4 photo: Where to use it
- 4 cm x 4 cm photo in inches
- Get a 4x4 photo size online!
- How to crop a photo to 40 mm x 40 mm in Photoshop?
- 4x4 photo dimensions
What about learning how to quickly do it at home for your passport and visa applications?
4x4 photo: Where to use it
40mm high x 40mm wide is the standard Argentina Photo ID size applicable to:
- Argentina passport;
- Argentina DNI;
- Argentina visa.
Use 40x40mm photos for your passport, DNI, or Argentina visa application, or check the required ID photo format in our full list of passport photo requirements.
A passport size photo 40mm 40mm is equivalent to a 4 x 4 cm photograph (i.e., the photograph is 4 cm wide and 4 cm high).
4 cm x 4 cm photo in inches
A passport size photo 40mm 40mm in inches equals 1.57 x 1.57 inches (i.e., the photo is 1.57 inches wide and 1.57 inches high).
Here is an example of a 40 x 40 mm photo:
Get a 4x4 photo size online!
Need to quickly crop a photo to 40mm x 40mm? You do not have to visit a photo studio to take a new picture! Visafoto will do it for you from any frontal view photo.
If you need a visa or passport photo for a specific country, we recommend that you select the country first and then the type of photo you want.
Take a picture with your smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here, and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
Firstly, take a selfie under daylight like this:
Next upload your photo here and immediately get the result in two formats:
- A passport-sized digital photo for applications online;
- A template for printing on 10x15 cm paper. The template contains four separate 4x4 cm passport photos.
Here they are:
In addition to size, Visafoto takes into account extra essential parameters such as background color, the position of the eye line, and image quality in general.
Visafoto memorizes the precise requirements for all types of ID photographs throughout the world. For the most advantageous result, select the type of document you need from our list.
How to crop a photo to 40 mm x 40 mm in Photoshop?
If you have Photoshop or an associated photo editor, you can convert a photo to 4 x 4 cm by yourself.
- First, open Photoshop and choose the image using the Browse option;
- Click the Crop tool on the left toolbar;
- Remove the crop selector so that the face stops in the center of the image. The photo should display the shoulders too;
- See the Ratio field on the top bar. Install the required aspect ratio: 40 in width and 40 in height;
- Press Enter. Your photo has been successfully cropped!
To set up the right size for printing, go to the "Image" section above. Pick Image Size and specify the width and height: 4 x 4 cm. Set the resolution to at least 300 dpi, but sooner it should be 600 dpi.
Your passport size photo 4x4 is now available for printing!
4x4 photo dimensions
Do you require a 40x40 digital photo for electronic applications? In that case, the size of the photo will vary depending on the demanded resolution. For example:
- At 300 DPI: 472 x 472 pixels
- At 600 DPI: 945 x 945 pixels
Please note that requirements for ID photographs include not only size and format, but additional criteria such as background, head size, and eye position. These parameters may be different depending on the type of required ID. For the most reliable results, it is recommended to use a dedicated 40x40 passport photo tool such as Visafoto. It will take into account all the details and your photo will be approved.