4x6 ID picture size is a widely used passport photo format. How to make a photo of this size for your passport, visa or driving license applications?
Table of contents
- Photo 4x6: where to use it?
- Get a 4x6 cm photo online!
- How to resize a photo to 4x6 cm in Photoshop?
- 4x6 photo dimensions
Just follow our guidelines!
Photo 4x6: where to use it?
The size of 4 cm in height and 6 cm in width is a standard ID photo size which is especially widespread in Arab and Middle Eastern countries. This format is applicable as:
- UAE passport photo size;
- Bahrain passport photo size;
- Egypt passport photo size;
- Libya passport photo size;
- Saudi Arabia passport photo size;
- Syrian passport photo size;
- Yemen passport photo size;
- Oman passport photo size;
- Kuwait passport photo size;
- And more.
Submit 4x6 cm photos along with other papers when you apply for a passport, ID card, driving license or visa in the countries mentioned above. To ensure that your ID photo meets all the requirements, check the exact data in our list.
The equivalent of a 4x6 cm passport picture is a 40x60 mm photo (i.e. photo with a width of 4 cm and height of 6 cm). 4x6 photo in inches is equal to 1,57 x 2,36”.
Here is an example of a 4x6 cm photo:
Get a 4x6 cm photo online!
Do you need to crop a photo to 4x6 cm? There is no need to go to a photo studio for a new picture! With Visafoto, any portrait taken in full-face will do (just ensure in advance if it’s compliant with the established passport photo dress code).
First, take a photo under daylight like this one:
Just upload your image here and immediately get a professional result:
- A digital passport-sized photo for electronic submissions with a format equal to 4x6;
- A template for printing on 10x15 cm paper (4x6”). The image contains four individual 4x6 passport pics.
Visafoto adjusts not only the size but also other essential parameters, such as:
- The background;
- Head and eye position;
- Size in kilobytes;
- Image contrast.
With Visafoto, you can resize and edit all types of passport photos worldwide. Just choose the type of ID you need in our list of requirements or on the main page.
How to resize a photo to 4x6 cm in Photoshop?
If you use Photoshop or any similar photo editor, you can convert a photo to 4x6 cm in a few steps.
- Open Photoshop and browse the image you need to resize;
- Click the Crop tool at the left toolbar;
- Drag the crop selector so that the head remains in the center. The passport picture should include shoulders and have some space left around the head;
- Find the Ratio field in the top bar. Set the required aspect ratio: 4 wide and 6 high;
- Press Enter. Your photo is successfully resized!
To prepare your image for printing, head to the Image section above. Select Image size and enter width and height: 4 x 6 cm. Set the resolution with a minimum of 300 DPI (600 DPI is preferable).
Now you can print 4x6 photo on the matte or glossy paper!
4x6 photo dimensions
Do you need a digital 4x6 photo for electronic applications? Note, the dimensions depend on the required resolution. Examples:
- At 300 DPI resolution: 472 x 709 pixels
- At 600 DPI resolution: 945 x 1417 pixels
Note that the size is not the only requirement you should follow when preparing your 4x6 photo for passport application. You should also take into account parameters such as face and eyeline position, background, and head size. The criteria vary depending on the ID you need a photo for.
For the guaranteed result it’s recommended to use a specialized 4x6 photo tool like Visafoto.com. It will take into account every detail, and your photo will be accepted 100%!
Contact our support in case of any questions.