Nigeria: How to take photos for travel documents at home?
Are you waiting for the moment when International borders are open again, and plan to get a US, Canadian or another foreign visa? Or you need a Nigerian visa? Nowadays it's much easier than before, as you can submit most visa applications online, right from your bedroom. But what about a photograph? No visa can be issued without a compliant high quality photograph that meets all requirements. And where is the best place to take a visa or passport photo in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Benin, Port Harcourt? The answer is simple: online as well.
Times when you needed to go to the photo studio are gone. Modern smartphones are provided with cameras strong enough for quality portraits. And Visafoto.com is a reliable way to make a professional photo for documents out of a selfie!
How can I make a passport photo by myself?
As you already know, each document has different requirements to photographs. For example, for a US visa you must position your eyes in 1.18 inches from the bottom of the picture. For the Canadian visa the distance from top of the photo to the top of the hair should be 3mm. And so on.
Visafoto.com knows all nuances about all types of documents in Nigeria and worldwide, including:
- Photo for US visa
- Photo for Canadian visa
- Photo for Canadian permanent resident card
- Photo for US passport
- Photo for Nigerian online visa
All you need is just to upload your photo and get it done in a couple of seconds!
Some rules of self-made visa photographs:
- Stand against the wall. Never mind about its color: Visafoto will change the background anyway, but light walls are better.
- Avoid artificial illumination and strong shadows. Soft daylight is your best choice.
- Take off any headwear (except for hijab if you must wear one).
- Look directly at the camera. Keep your facial expression neutral.
- Take several pictures to choose the best one.
- Then upload your photo to Visafoto.com, selecting the type of photo you need.
How can I download and print my visa photograph?
Your photo without watermarks will become available for a fee of ₦1800 nairas. Visafoto will provide you 2 versions of picture:
- A digital one for online submissions;
- One for printing 10x15 cm (4x6 inch) paper. One printout is typically enough for 4 photos.
The cost includes a guarantee. If your photo is not accepted, you would get a 100% refund.
Egungun be careful! #StayAtHome
And take passport photos at home.