South Africa: take visa photos on your own online
Some tour operators predict: right after the end of the COVID-19 pandemic and re-opening of international borders the travel industry will skyrocket. Tourists and immigrants will be in a hurry to fulfill their delayed plans. That means, that if you plan to travel as well, you will need to apply for a foreign visa.
In the Internet era you can easily apply online for US, Canadian, New Zealand or Chinese visas and other documents. But no visa can be issued without a compliant photograph. And where can you take a passport or visa photo in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria, or Port Elizabeth, when all the photo studios are on the lockdown (just like everything else)? "Online" is the answer. The would be the best option after the quarantine as well: it's faster, cheaper and safer than to go anywhere out.
There were times when passport photos couldn't be made without a professional camera and photoshop. But this is a thing of the past. Now all you need is a smartphone, a homemate to take a photo of you (or tripod/selfie stick) and the internet to access Visafoto.com.
Step 1: Take a photo
- Stand against the wall. The distance between you and the camera should be about 1.5-2.5 meters (5-8 feet).
- There is no need to look for a white wall: Visafoto.com will change the background anyway.
- If you use a selfie stick, hold it carefully: your shoulders must remain straight.
- Visafoto.com will adjust the contrast, but for better quality use daylight instead of lamps' lighting. Avoid direct sunlight and shadows on your face.
- Your face must be clearly seen. No sunglasses are allowed. Make sure that your hair doesn't cover your eyes.
- Take several pictures. Pick the one you like the most: it will accompany you along all the lifetime of your document.
Step 2: make a professional passport photo out of a selfie
Go to the Visafoto.com website, it knows each smallest requirement for any passport / visa photo for South Africa and worldwide. All you need is just to upload your picture and select the type and country of the document. The service will automatically adjust the background, contrast, size, format, head position, etc. You don't need to do anything manually! 24x7 support is here to help you if anything goes wrong. There is 100% guarantee: if your photo is not accepted you will get a full refund.
On the Visafoto.com website you can get photos for all types of documents, including:
- Photo for US visa
- Photo for Canadian visa
- Photo for New Zealand online visa
- Photo for New Zealand offline visa
- South Africa passport photo
- Australian visa photo
- Canadian passport photo
- Chinese visa photo
- Nigerian online visa photo
- Standard 35x45 photo
Step 3: download your passport photo
For a fee of 75 rands you will be able to download your photo in 2 versions:
- A digital one for online applications
- The one for 4x6" prints with 4 photos on it.
We highly recommend you to submit your application online, as it's possible in most cases. #Stayathome and stay safe!