Getting An E-visa To Ethiopia
Citizens of most countries need a visa to enter Ethiopia. To simplify the application process for tourists, the electronic visa system is in place. This guideline will tell you how to get a visa to Ethiopia, where to fill out an application for it, and what set of documents you will need for this.
Table of contents
- Ethiopia e-visa application process
- Ethiopia visa photo requirements
- Get an Ethiopia visa photo online!
Ethiopia e-visa application process
Obtaining an electronic visa to Ethiopia for US citizens and other countries is now as simple as possible. All the applicant will need is:
- A scanned copy of the first page of the passport, valid for at least six months after you start travelling;
- A photo for the visa of the established standard.
You can get an Ethiopia visa online by filling out the application and attaching the necessary documentation. The Ethiopia visa processing time usually takes up to 3 days.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email with your Ethiopian visa in PDF format. You will need to print it out and present it at the airport in Addis Ababa.
Here are two types of travel permits available to tourists:
- Single entry, valid for 30 days from the date of entry;
- Single entry visa valid for 90 days from the date of entry.
The Ethiopia visa cost is $52 and $72, respectively.
Please note that the Ethiopian eVisa is issued only for tourist purposes. There are other kinds of Ethiopian visas, such as transit and business ones. But their processing requires a personal visit to Bole Airport or the embassy of Ethiopia in your country.
Please note: when applying for a visa at the embassy, in addition to the passport and photos, you need a completed visa application form, certificate of employment indicating the position and salary, hotel reservations confirmation, as well as the payment of the Ethiopian visa fee of $50-$80. It is much easier and more convenient to obtain an online visa.
Ethiopia visa photo requirements
The digital photo for Ethiopian e-visa must meet the relevant criteria. The parameters are as follows:
- The required Ephiopia visa photo size is 30 by 40 mm (in printed form)
- The digital photo resolution must be 600 dpi;
- The height of the applicant's head - 30 mm;
- Distance from the top of the photo to the top of the hair - 2,5 mm;
- The image must be in colour;
- The applicant must keep a calm, neutral facial expression, without showing any emotion;
- It is necessary to look straight into the camera, in full-face;
- The background must be white or very light;
Here is an Ephiopian visa photo example:
Get an Ethiopia visa photo online!
To solve tasks related to ID photos, we created the Visafoto service. Visafoto photos are accepted 99.7% of the time! If rejected, we will give you an instant refund or replace the photo with a new one.
Visafoto allows you to create an Ethiopian visa photo in a couple of minutes. You need to take 3 simple steps:
- Prepare your portrait. Take selfies or have someone take your picture;
- Upload your picture here;
- Wait a bit and download the finished image that you can use for your Ethiopian visa application.
The service removes "red eyes" effect, changes the original background of any color to white, and adjusts the necessary proportions. Visafoto maintains the desired distance between the top and the bottom of the photo, crops the image to a set size, adjusts it to the required resolution, performs color correction, improves the contrast and overall quality without retouching.
Ready-to-submit Ephiopia visa photo:
With Visafoto, you can have your visa photo taken from anywhere in the world 24 hours a day, any day.
Good luck getting a visa in Ethiopia and have a great trip!
Last update: November 2023