Italy Visa Photo Online
Italy is a member of the Schengen area, so the citizens of many countries must first get a visa to visit it.
Obtaining a visa to Italy is not complicated; the main thing is getting all the papers according to the checklist.
Table of contents
- Documents required for Italian visa application
- Italian visa photo requirements
- Can I wear glasses in the Italian visa photo?
- Italian visa photo tool
- Italian visa photo: matte or glossy?
- Will I get help with my Italian visa photo?
- What types of Italian visas require photos?
To complete the application, you must also provide passport-sized pictures matching the photo requirements for an Italian visa. High-quality photographs are essential for successful visa issuance.
Documents required for Italian visa application
Required documents for obtaining a tourist visa are:
- Application form filled and signed by the applicant;
- The passport valid for at least 3 months after the end of the trip, with two blank pages. If you have several passports, including expired ones, all must be submitted;
- A photocopy of the first passport page;
- A photocopy of a national ID or an internal passport;
- Two photographs corresponding to Italian visa photo specifications;
- Medical insurance valid in the Schengen area for the entire duration of the trip. The amount of insurance coverage should be at least 30.000 EUR;
- Receipt for payment of the consular fee;
- Hotel reservation;
- Certificate from work with the prescribed position and salary;
- Bank statement, no older than 6 months.
The package of documents may differ depending on your nationality and the visa type.
Italian visa photo requirements
Your photo for an Italian visa application must meet the following criteria:
- The required Italian visa photo size is 3.5x4.5 cm (35x45 mm);
- The length of the head from the chin to the crown should be about 35 mm (70-80% of the area);
- The image must be in color;
- The photograph must be without corners and ovals;
- The picture must be taken against a light grey background;
- The photo must be taken within the last 6 months;
- The applicant should look straight into the camera;
- There should be no smile or frowning. Keep the neutral facial expression;
- The upper part of the shoulders and neck are fully visible;
- The headdress is not allowed except for religious reasons. In this case, there should be no shadows on the face.
Here is an example of an Italian visa photo:
Can I wear glasses in the Italian visa photo?
Glasses are allowed only if you wear them daily. In this case, the frame should not be massive and cover any part of the eye. Photos taken with tinted glasses will not be accepted.
Italian visa photo tool
What is the most reliable way to take a visa photo? With Visafoto you can get an Italian visa pic from anywhere in the world right now:
Use our visa photo generator to observe the quickest results. Just upload a full-face photo taken under standard illumination. Visafoto will instantly resize and format it as needed, substitute the background with light grey and increase the overall image quality. The resulting picture will be 100% compliant with Italian visa photo requirements.
Your original photo should be like this one:
You will have two files. The digital one is applicable for online applications and the other one is for printing.
Here they are:
Italian visa photo: matte or glossy?
The photo must be printed only on quality photo paper. Glossy or matte finish is up to your choice.
Can I get help with my Italian visa photo?
Of course! The support team of Visafoto is ready to help you 24/7. Just write a letter and describe your problem.
What types of Italian visas require photos?
The above information fits photos of all visa types, including:
- Italian tourist visa photo;
- Italian transit visa photo;
- Italian national visa photo.
Last update: June 2023