Montenegro Visa for Indian Citizens
All Indian citizens need a visa to enter Montenegro for all travel purposes. How can an Indian citizen get a Montenegrin visa, what do you need to do, and which documents do you need? This article will clarify the basics of applying for a visa to enter Montenegro for Indians.
Table of contents
- How can Indian citizens apply for a Montenegro visa?
- Montenegro visa types
- Documents required to apply for a Montenegrin visa
- Montenegro visa photo requirements
- How can you get a Montenegrin visa photo online?
How can Indian citizens apply for a Montenegro visa?
The general rule is that citizens may apply for a Montenegrin visa at the local Montenegrin diplomatic mission (embassy or consulate). However, Montenegro does not have a resident mission in India. Therefore, Indian citizens may apply for a Montenegrin visa at the Serbian Embassy in New Delhi.
Montenegro visa types
Montenegro visa types are divided into four classes, based on the period of stay:
Transit visas (A&B)
There are two types of Montenegrin transit visas: Airport transit and transit visas. Airport transit visas are self explanatorily used for airport transits and may be valid for one or several transits.
Transit visas are for transits that may even reach five days. These visas can be valid for six months and can be used for one, two, or exceptionally several transits.
In any case, a visa or proof of access to enter the third country is required to apply for a transit visa.
Short stay visas (C)
Short stay visas are issued for such purposes as tourism, business, and other brief visits. These visas may be single-entry or multi-entry. The total duration of stay may not exceed 90 days in six months. Short stay visas are usually valid for up to one year, but in exceptional cases may be issued to be valid for five years.
Long stay visas (D)
Long stay visas may be single or multi-entry and are issued for foreigners planning to stay in Montenegro for more than 90 days but no longer than six months in one year. These visas are usually issued for business and diplomatic purposes.
However, temporary residence permits can be considered long-stay visas for the following purposes:
- Education (exchange, research, trainings);
- Employment (including seasonal);
- Medical treatment;
- Family reunion
- Humanitarian reasons;
Foreigners with such permits may stay longer than the standard long-stay visa period.
Documents required to apply for a Montenegrin visa
Here are the documents needed to apply for a Montenegrin visa:
- Your valid passport or travel document. It must be valid for at least three months after the validity period of your visa is over;
- One photo that satisfies application requirements;
- Proof of your travel purpose to Montenegro (letter of guarantee, invitation, etc.);
- Proof of accommodation in Montenegro;
- Proof of financial ability to support yourself in Montenegro;
- Proof of intent and means of travel back to the home country or to a third country (tickets);
- Proof of health insurance valid in Montenegro;
- Proof of paid consular fee;
- Other documents to confirm details of your stay in Montenegro.
Failure to submit complete and accurate documents may result in rejection.
Montenegro visa photo requirements
The photo you use to apply for a Montenegrin visa must fulfill the following requirements:
- The image must be in color;
- The photo size must be 35x45 mm;
- The background should be plain white;
- The picture must be recent, no older than six months;
- Your face in the picture must be centered;
- Your whole head must be visible in the picture;
- Your facial expression must be neutral;
- Your eyes must be fully visible and looking straight into the camera;
- Facial features must be fully visible;
- The photo should not be blurred, pixelated, or distorted in any way.
Here is an example:
How can you get a Montenegrin visa photo online?
Avoid delays and make sure your visa application is accepted by ensuring all your submitted documents are in order, including your photo. Visa application photos can be an unexpected stumbling block for a seemingly self-explanatory document.
But don’t worry, you can get your photo professionally done online by Visafoto. Just take a portrait of yourself just as you would for documents, but don’t worry about the size, background, and proportions. Make sure you’re in the proper dress code and pose, and the lighting is decent, preferably under daylight.
Then, upload your photo to our tool below.
Take an image with a smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here, and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
As you are applying at an embassy, you will need a printed photo, but don’t worry about photo print formatting! Visafoto does not only give you a digital photo, but a ready-to-print template of your photos so you can just print and submit it along with the other documents.