5x7 cm photo
The passport photo size of 5x7 cm applies to most documents in Canada. But to apply for a Canadian visa you will need a 35x45 mm photo.
Table of contents
- 5 cm x 7 cm photo: Where to use it?
- 5x7 photo in inches
- Get a 50x70 mm photo size online!
- How to resize a photo to 50 mm x 70 mm in Photoshop?
- 5x7 photo dimensions
Why not learn how to make it quickly at home for your passport, visa or other document applications?
5x7 cm photo: Where to use it?
5x7 cm (50mm wide x 70mm high) is the standard photo ID size in Canada applicable for:
- Canadian Passport;
- Canada Permanent Resident Card Online;
- Canada Permanent Resident Card;
- Canada Citizenship;
- Canada Indian status;
- Canada Health Insurance card of Quebec;
- Canada security license.
A passport size photo 50mm x 70mm is equivalent to a 5 x 7 cm photograph (i.e. the photograph is 5 cm wide and 7 cm high).
Here is an example of a Canada passport photo:
Use 50x70 mm photos for your passport, driver's licence, or permanent residency applications in Canada, or check the required ID photo format in our full list of passport photo requirements.
5 x 7 photo in inches
A passport size photo 50mm x 70mm in inches equals 1.97 x 2.76 inches (i.e. photo's width is 1.97 inches and height is 2.76 inches).
The Government of Canada defines the size of this photograph in inches as 2x2.75 (2x2 3/4).
Get a 50x70 mm photo size online!
Want to promptly crop a photo to 50mm x 70mm? You do not need to visit a professional photo studio and take a new photo! Visafoto will do it for you with any full-face picture.
If you need a visa or passport photo for a specific country, we recommend that you select the country first, and then the type of photo you need.
Take a picture with your smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here, and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
Firstly, take a daylight selfie like this:
Then upload your photo here and instantly receive the result in two formats:
- A passport-sized digital photograph for electronic applications;
- A template for printing on 10x15 cm paper (4x6 "). The template contains two separate 5 cm x 7 cm passport photos.
Here they are:
Besides the size, Visafoto adjusts additional Important parameters such as background type, eye line position, and overall quality of the image.
Visafoto know the exact requirements for all kinds of ID photographs around the world. For the most beneficial result, select the type of document you need from our list.
How to resize a photo to 50 mm x 70 mm in Photoshop?
If you have Photoshop or a related photo editor, you can convert a photo to 5 x 7cm format yourself.
- First, open Photoshop and select the image using the Browse option;
- Click the Crop tool on the left toolbar;
- Move the crop selector so that the face remains in the center of the picture. The photo should include the shoulders;
- Notice the Ratio field on the top bar. Set the required aspect ratio: 50 in width and 70 in height;
- Press Enter. Your picture has been successfully cropped!
To install the right size for printing, go to the Image section above. Select Image Size and insert the width and height: 5 x 7 cm. Set the resolution to at least 300 dpi, but rather it should be 600 dpi.
Your passport size photo 5x7 is now ready to print!
5x7 photo dimensions
Do you need a 50x70 digital photo for electronic submission? In such a case, the dimensions of the photo will vary depending on the required resolution. For example:
- At 100 DPI: 197 x 276 pixels;
- At 300 DPI: 591 x 827 pixels;
- At 600 DPI: 1181 x 1654 pixels.
Take into consideration that ID photo requirements include not only size and format, but also such standards like background, head size, and eye position. These parameters may differ based on the type of ID. For best results, it is advised to use a specific 50x70 passport photo tool such as Visafoto. It will consider every detail, and your photo will be accepted 100%.