Russian visa photo
To travel to the Russian Federation, foreign nationals must obtain the appropriate type of visa. Depending on the purpose of the trip, visas to Russia can be of the following types: tourist, business, work, study, private, transit.
In 2021 a single electronic visa was also introduced in Russia. You can apply for it online, it takes a reduced package of documents. The possibility of obtaining a visa to Russia online will be resumed after the regulation of the situation with COVID-19 pandemic.
Table of contents
- Documents required for Russian visa application
- How to apply for Russian E-Visa?
- Russian visa photo requirements
- Russian electronic visa photo requirements
- Can I wear glasses in the Russian visa photo?
- Russian visa photo tool
- Russian visa photo: matte or glossy
- Will I get help with my Russian visa photo?
- What types of Russian visas require photos?
In addition to other documents, you have to provide photos that meet Russian visa photo requirements. High-quality photos are an important part of the success of your application for a Russian visa.
Documents required for Russian visa application
A tourist visa to Russia is the most affordable and accessible type of visa. It is optimal for a short-term (up to 30 days). To apply for a tourist visa, the applicant must submit the following documents:
- Passport. The passport should have at least two blank pages, and should not expire earlier than six months from the date of expiry of the visa;
- Visa application form filled out electronically at the specialized website of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In the absence of technical capability, it is allowed to it fill out in handwritten or printed form;
- Two photographs compliant with Russian visa photo requirements;
- Medical insurance valid for the whole trip;
- Tourist voucher or invitation letter. An invitation to Russia for a foreigner can be issued by a tourist company, inviting organization or an authorized state body;
- Confirmation of payment of the visa fee.
The list can differ depending on your citizenship and type of a visa.
How to apply for Russian E-Visa?
Recently introduced Russian E-Visa gives the right to enter the Russian Federation for a private or business visit, as a tourist, as well as to participate in scientific, cultural, socio-political, economic, sporting events. The E-Visa is valid for 60 days from the date of receipt, but it allows you to stay in Russia for no more than 16 days.
To apply for a Russian e-visa, follow the next steps:
- Create an account at Processing of an e-visa - Consular department of MFA of the Russian Federation;
- Fill out an e-visa application form from your account;
- Attach a scan of your passport data page in JPEG format;
- Submit your digital photograph compliant with Russian electronic visa photo requirements;
- Pay the consular fee online;
- Track the status of your application in your account;
- Print the notification of the e-visa registration or save it on your mobile device.
Russian visa photo requirements
Photo requirements for a Russian visa are the following:
- Russian visa application photo size should be 3,5x4,5 cm;
- The face should occupy 70-80% of the photo area;
- The photo can be either black and white or color;
- The photo must have been taken no more than 6 months before the date of application;
- The background should be light, monochromatic, and free of shadows;
- Foreign objects as well as other people should not enter the frame;
- The photo must be taken strictly from the front;
- The head should not be tilted or turned;
- The applicant should look directly towards the camera lens;
- The facial expression should be neutral, with mouth closed and eyes open;
- Hair should not cover your eyes;
- The photo must be taken under normal lighting conditions;
- There should be no shadows, flash reflections on the face, or red eyes in the photo;
- It is allowed to take a photo in religious headdresses that do not hide the oval of the face. Make sure your face is visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead;
- The photo should show the crown and top of the shoulders;
- The head should be in the center of the frame and be visible completely from the top of the hair or crown to the chin;
- The nose should be on the line of symmetry;
- The photo should not have any frames;
- The colors should reflect the natural skin tone;
- The image should be sharp, clear, and in focus.
Here is an example of a Russian visa photo:
Russian electronic visa photo requirements
The main requirements such as good lighting, facial features clearly seen and so on are the same.
Additional Russian electronic visa photo requirements are:
- The digital photo must be in JPEG format;
- The digital photo must be in rectangular proportion (width to height ratio 35x45).
The size is 450x600 pixel.
Here is an example of a Russian evisa photo:
Can I wear glasses in the Russian visa photo?
If you are taking pictures with glasses, then your eyes should be visible in the photo. Reflections of the flash in the lenses of glasses, as well as tinted lenses of glasses are not allowed. Do not take pictures with massive frames. Make sure the frames do not cover your eyes.
Russian visa photo tool
What is the best way to take a photo for a Russian visa application? Since Russian visa photo size is specific, it is best to entrust this task to dedicated online tools. With Visafoto you can take a Russian visa picture anywhere in the world!
Use our online Russian visa photo editor to get the fastest results. Just upload a full-face shot taken under normal lighting. Visafoto will instantly resize and format it as needed, replace the background with plain white and improve the overall image quality. The resulting image will meet 100% Russian visa application photo requirements.
First, take a photo of yours under daylight like this one:
You will have two types of photos. Digital is suitable for e-visa applications and the other is suitable for printing.
Russian visa photo: matte or glossy
Photo paper can be smooth, glossy, or matte. Embossed or raster surface structures are unacceptable.
Will I get help with my Russian visa photo?
Of course! If you have problems with your Russian visa photo, just write a letter to the support team of Visafoto which replies 24/7 during 15-30 minutes.
What types of Russian visas require photos?
The information above is applicable for photos for the next types of visa:
- Russian tourist visa photo;
- Russian transit visa photo;
- Russian work visa photo;
- Russian student visa photo;
- Russian business visa photo;
- Russian private visa photo;