UAE Baby passport photo
Emirates citizens of all ages must have passports to travel abroad. The application for a UAE passport for a newborn is the same as for a UAE passport for any child under 15 years of age. Children's passports are valid for 5 years.
Along with other papers, you have to submit two passport photos that match the common requirements for a UAE passport photo. Take into account that a photo for a child must meet the extra baby passport photo requirements in the UAE.
Table of contents
- UAE baby passport photo requirements
- Where can I take the UAE baby passport photo near me?
- UAE baby passport photo guidelines
- Get a UAE baby passport photo online!
In the article below, you will learn about the main requirements for a baby passport photo in the UAE and the best ways to get it.
UAE baby passport photo requirements
A child passport photo in the UAE must meet the same requirements as a standard passport photo:
- The photo must have been taken within the last six months;
- Photo size should be 40 x 60 mm;
- Head height should be 38 mm.
- The distance from the top of the photo to the top of the hair should be 6 mm.
- The background should be light grey;
- The photo must be in color;
- The mouth must be closed;
- You cannot smile;
- You should look straight into the camera;
- There should be no objects or other people in the picture;
- The picture should be taken from above when the child is lying down. Hand supporting is not allowed;
- The picture should only show your child's head and shoulders;
- The baby's eyes should be open regardless of age;
- Toys are prohibited;
- The child's face must be fully visible.
Where can I take the UAE baby passport photo near me?
Numerous pharmacies and post offices in the UAE give passport photo services with an average price of AED 40 for a set of 6-8 photos. The cost does not include a digital version of the image.
Keep in mind that taking a passport photo for a newborn baby in the UAE can be challenging, as it can be difficult to persuade a child to remain still in the vicinity of strangers. This is why most parents prefer to photograph their child for a passport at home, saving money and time.
UAE baby passport photo guidelines
Taking a passport photo for babies in the UAE at home is a doable task. Just follow this quick guide:
- Lay your baby on the floor on a plain light-colored blanket or sheet;
- Position the camera about 1.5 meters above the child;
- Make sure your child's head is in the middle of the picture, he is looking straight into the camera and the picture shows a full-face view;
- Make sure your child's eyes are open;
- Make sure there is uniform light on the face so that there are no shadows;
- Take some pictures and choose the best one.
Get a UAE baby passport photo online!
How to take a passport photo for a baby in the UAE with your own hands so that it meets all the official requirements? Visafoto is ready to help!
Take a picture with your smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here, and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
Just upload a photo taken by the above-mentioned guide. Here is a sample:
Visafoto immediately resizes and formats it as needed, replaces the background, and improves the overall image quality. A UAE passport photo of a child taken at Visafoto will look as if it was taken in a professional studio, but in truth, it will require much less effort and cost.
Visafoto offers customers two image options:
- A digital child passport photo in the UAE suitable for online applications;
- A template for printing. Find out how to print your child's passport photo online from this article.
Here they are:
The guidelines are valid for the UAE passport photo for a newborn, passport photo for toddlers, and passport photo for adults in UAE.