Getting Albanian E-Visa
Now it’s easier than ever to apply for a visa to enter Albania. Of course, you could always resort to the "old school method" and apply at your local Albanian Embassy or Consulate, but obtaining an Albania visa online is usually quick and easy. In most cases, visa issuance takes up to 15 days from the application date.
Table of contents
- Do you need to apply for an Albanian visa?
- Albanian visa types
- Albanian e-visa application process
- Albania e-visa application: required documents
- Albanian e-visa photo requirements
- How to get an Albanian e-visa photo quickly online
Do you need to apply for an Albanian visa?
If you are a citizen of a country that has a visa-free deal with Albania, you may enter Albania without a visa and stay for a determined amount of time, depending on your country. The list includes Schengen countries, countries with visa liberalization policies within the Schengen area, and others, such as the United States, Malaysia, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and others.
If you are not a citizen of such countries, you may still enter Albania visa-free if you have any of these documents:
- A valid multiple-entry Schengen visa that has been used to enter a Schengen member country;
- A valid residence permit of a Schengen country;
- A valid multiple-entry US or UK visa that has been used to enter these respective countries;
- A valid residence permit to stay in the US or UK.
Otherwise, you will need to apply for an Albanian visa to enter Albania.
Albanian visa types
In general, Albanian visas are divided by the length of stay:
- Type A: for airport transit;
- Type C: for short term stays;
- Type D: for long-term stays.
Those visa types may be single-, double-, or multiple-entry.
Then, those visa types are divided into subtypes based on travel purposes.
Type C visa subtypes
- Organized group tourism, invited by an Albanian tourism agency;
- Visa for scientific, cultural, sports, and humanitarian reasons;
- Official visit;
- Business and professional.
Type D visa subtypes
Type D visas are issued for purposes that require longer stays, such as study, family reunion, work, training, research, voluntary service, investment, and others.
Albanian e-visa application process
Start your application online
Instead of coming to the consulate and filling out your application, you can start your electronic visa application from the comfort of your own home. Just visit the official Albanian electronic visa application site and apply for the type of visa you need.
Fill out the form and upload the documents as instructed.
The consul will then check your request and notify you of your application status:
- If your application and documents are in order, you will be notified to pay for your visa and follow the next instructions;
- If you need to clarify some parts or documents in your application, you will be notified to upload additional documents as requested;
- If your application is denied, you will receive a rejection letter with the relevant explanation.
If your visa is accepted, you will be notified of it. The permit will be sent to the email you provided upon application. The Albania e-visa processing time takes up to 2 weeks.
Albania e-visa application: required documents
The exact list of documents depends on the type of visa you’re applying for. But, in general, besides the application form, these are the documents you will need to present:
- A copy of your valid passport or another valid travel document;
- A photograph that satisfies the visa requirements;
- For minors, consent from parents or legal guardians;
- Proof of accommodation in Albania (i.e. hotel booking);
- Bank statement or other proof that you will be able to support yourself during your stay in Albania and to come back to your home country
- Round-trip ticket;
- Proof of employment in your country of residence, or, if there is none, evidence that you will go back to your home country;
- Albania visa fee ;
- Other documents that justify your purpose of travel and visa type.
Albanian e-visa photo requirements
Your application photo needs to satisfy these requirements to be accepted:
- Albania e-visa photo size must be 36 mm in width and 47 mm in height (in printed form);
- The photo background must be plain white;
- The photo resolution should be 600 dpi;
- The height of your head in the photo from the chin to the crown should be 34.5mm;
- The distance from the crown of your head to the top border of the photo should be 4mm;
- The picture must be taken no earlier than six months from the date of application.
Here is an example Albanian e-visa photo:
How to get an Albanian e-visa photo quickly online
Applying for a visa online is handy enough, but if you want to ensure the whole application process goes smoothly, you may consider getting your photo done professionally. There’s no need to get to a photo studio to get your picture taken and edited to satisfy the requirements: you can just do it online!
With Visafoto, all you need to do is take a portrait of yourself in good lighting with the proper attire and posing for official documents, then upload it to our tool below.
Take an image with a smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
Visafoto will take care of the rest: editing your background, photo size, file size, face-to-photo proportions, and even subtler details such as head tilt and contrast.
Your resulting photo is guaranteed to be accepted. Still, got questions? Just contact us!