Botswana E-Visa Application And Photo
If you're planning a trip to Botswana, the first thing you may need to do is apply for a visa. While the process can seem daunting at first, it can be smooth with some preparation and knowledge.
Table of contents
- Botswana visa rules
- Who is eligible to apply for a Botswana visa online?
- Botswana e-visa application process
- Documents required to apply for a Botswana e-visa
- Botswana visa photo requirements
- Get a digital photo for a Botswana visa online!
- Botswana e-visa fees
- Botswana e-visa validity
Botswana visa rules
Botswana has a relatively straightforward visa policy, with citizens of up to 100 countries not needing visas to enter the country for tourism, business, or transit. The list of visa-exempt countries includes the U.S., the U.K., the EU, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, etc.
However, some nationalities are required to obtain a visa in advance. If the purpose of your trip is tourism or business, you can easily and quickly get a visa to Botswana online. The process typically requires a valid passport, a completed application form, and proof of onward travel.
Who is eligible to apply for a Botswana visa online?
If you are a citizen of a country not in a visa-waiver agreement with Botswana and need a visa to enter Botswana, you can simply apply online.
Botswana e-visa application process
To apply for a Botswana e-visa, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official Botswana e-visa application platform;
- Click "Apply Now" to start your application;
- Pay the visa application fee;
- Complete your visa application;
- Upload the required documents;
- Wait for processing, check your visa status, and receive your visa.
Documents required to apply for a Botswana e-visa
For all types of visas:
- Valid passport with at least six months of validity and at least three or more unused pages;
- Recently taken photos in JPG format not bigger than 30Kb in size
For visitor visa:
- Invitation letter from the host;
- Certified copies of marriage and/or birth certificate for spouse and dependents;
- Certified copies of host national Identity Card, Residence and Work permit, or Exemption Certificate;
- Certified copies of ordination certificates from religious leaders if invited by a church;
- Return visa or residence permit from the country of residence as applicable;
- For unaccompanied minors (less than 18 years), traveling without biological parents, consent letter from both parents;
- Return ticket.
For business visa:
- Business profile/Invitation letter from the host or facilitator in Botswana;
- Meeting schedule (if coming to attend or organize a meeting);
- Certified copies of trade license, certificate of incorporation, and share certificate of host if operating a business.
For tourist visa:
- Tour plan or copy of travel schedule;
- Flight bookings;
- Confirmation of bookings at hotel/lodges;
- Return ticket.
Note that all supporting documents must be in English and uploaded as one PDF file not bigger than 5Mb in size. Copies of required documents must be certified.
Botswana visa photo requirements
Make sure the photo you use to apply for your visa fulfills the following:
- The photograph must be in color;
- The required Botswana visa photo format is 3x4 cm in printed form;
- The size of the file must not exceed 30 kilobytes;
- The file format must be JPG;
- The picture must have sufficient brightness and contrast;
- The skin tone should appear natural;
- Photographs that are too dark or too light will not be accepted;
- The photo should show a close-up of the head and (partial) shoulders;
- The subject should be straight-looking, centered, and have a neutral expression;
- The face should be clear and in sharp focus, with no ink marks, creases, or lines;
- The face (from the forehead edge to the bottom of the chin) should occupy 70 to 80% of the image;
- The subject's eyes should be open and visible, with no hair obscuring the face;
- If the subject wears prescription glasses, they should be clear and thin-framed and should not have a flash reflection or obscure the eyes;
- Head coverings, hair, head-dresses, or facial ornaments should not obscure the face in the photograph;
- The background of the photograph must be plain and light;
- There should be no other people or objects in the picture;
- The lighting should be uniform, with no shadows on the face or in the background;
- Photos with red-eye are not acceptable.
Here is an example:
Get a digital photo for a Botswana visa online!
With the e-visa policy, getting a permit to enter Botswana is now easier than ever. But you can make it even easier and make the process even smoother by getting your photo done professionally online. This way, you minimize the chances of a rejected application.
Using Visafoto, an online photo editor that has been adjusting photographs for various documents worldwide since 2013, you can easily make a compliant digital Botswana e-visa application photo online. It will make sure your photo fulfills all the requirements needed.
Just take a picture of yourself following the guidelines stated in the requirements. Don’t worry about the size, background, positions, and proportions: Visafoto will handle the technicalities.
Take an image with a smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here, and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
First, take a photo of yourself under daylight like this one:
After resizing, you will get photos like these ones:
Botswana e-visa fees
The fees depend on which type you’re applying for.
- 300 Botswana Pula for single entry for a period of up to 3 months;
- 500 Botswana Pula for multiple entries for a period of up to 3 months;
- 1500 Pula for multiple entries for a period over 3 months up to 2 years for dependants of residents.
- 500 Botswana Pula for single entry for a period of up to 3 months;
- 1000 Botswana Pula for multiple entries for a period of up to 3 months;
- 1500 Botswana Pula for multiple entries for a period of up to 1 year.
- 300 Botswana Pula for single entry for a period of up to 1 months;
- 500 Botswana Pula for multiple entries for a period of up to 3 months.
Botswana e-visa validity
The e-visa duration varies depending on the type you’ve applied for. The validity is shown upon application, so you will know from the beginning which period your visa will have.