Canada: take passport photos or visa photos at home
You have your Canadian visa, temporary resident visa or permanent resident visa expiring? Or your Canadian passport is getting older than 10 years? Whenever you need to get a new document, you also need at least one photograph for it. And how can you take a passport photo in Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton when all facilities are getting closed for the lockdown? The answer is simple: online! Besides, that's faster than going to a photo-studio or pharmacy.
The second question: how can you make a passport photo by yourself being sure that it matches all official requirements? Relax: for this purpose you don't have to be a Photographer of The Year 2020 or a photoshop guru. Just follow our simple guide.
How can I take a passport photo by myself?
You don't need a professional camera, a smartphone is more than enough. You don't even need to have a plain white wall, as Visafoto.com will automatically change any background. But a tripod or selfie stick will be handy, as the distance between model and camera should be about 4-9 feet (1.5-3 meters).
- Take a picture in daylight with no direct sunlight on your face.
- Your face must be evenly lit. Avoid strong shadows and glares.
- Your head, upper body and shoulders should be included in the picture.
- Look directly into the camera. Don't smile, don't frown, don't cover your eyes with hair. Keep your facial expression neutral.
- Take several shots with or without a flashlight.
- Choose the best one and upload it to Visafoto.com.
Done! No more manual work. Visafoto will convert your selfie into a professional passport photo: it will adjust the size and format, fix the background and contrast, set the photo size in kilobytes. Just choose the type of document you need. Visafoto knows requirements for all types of photos for passports, ID's, visas and other documents worldwide.
For as low as $7 CAD you will get a professional passport photo.
What if my self-made passport photos will not be accepted?
That means that you are among a very small bit of our customers, and you will get a 100% refund. But it's unlikely going to happen: photos made with Visafoto.com have 99.7% acceptance rate! If anything goes wrong, our 24/7 support is there for you.
What type of photos can I make with Visafoto?
Visafoto knows requirements for every single document worldwide, including:
- Photo for Canadian passport
- Photo for Canadian visa
- Photo for US visa
- Photo for Canadian temporary resident visa
- Photo for Canadian permanent resident card
- Standard 35x45 photo
- Photo for Indian visa
- Photo for Chinese visa
- Photo for online Chinese visa
- Photo for Indian E-visa
- Photo for Pakistan National ID card
- Standard 2x2 inch photo
- Photo for Saudi Arabia e-visa
- Photo for Chinese passport
- Photo for Malaysia eVisa
- Photo for Indonesian visa
- Photo for Nigerian visa
How do I print out a photo that I made online at Visafoto?
Most of the applications mentioned above can be submitted online, except for the Canada passport, which still requires a printed version. You can make it easily online via walmartphotocentre.ca. Visafoto gives you 2 image files. One is your digital photo to be uploaded along with the application. The second one is an image to be printed on a 4x6" paper which is enough for 2 Canadian passport photos. Just go to the Walmart photo centre website and order a 4x6" print for as low as ¢23 using the image for printing.