Ireland: how to take passport photos at home
Do you need to renew your Irish passport or to obtain an Ireland Employment Permit? Or are you already making plans for a post-Covid-19 period and looking for a way to get a Canadian or US visa?
Well, the Internet is our best friend in these hard lockdown times. And a common sense approach is to do everything online (including any paperwork). But an application for almost any kind of document should be done with a photograph. And where can you take a passport photo in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway or Waterford now when all photo studios in the Republic are closed down because of the coronavirus?
And, once again, the internet is your best friend! You don't need to shoot or retouch photos like a pro for that. All you need is a smartphone with a camera and a tripod or selfie stick (if there is no one to take a picture of you). Just follow our simple guide and get your professional passport photo done in several minutes.
How to make passport photos online: quick guide
- Stand against the wall 5-9 feet (1.5-3 meters) from the camera. No matter what color the wall is: Visafoto.com will automatically replace any background. But if you have a light uniform wall, you'd better use it.
- What kind of illumination to choose? The best one is daylight with no direct sunshine on your face. Visafoto will fix the contrast anyway, but for the best quality avoid strong shadows and glares.
- Make sure that your face, shoulders and upper body make it into the picture.
- Take several photos with and without flashlight. Select the best one: it will stare at you during the lifetime of your new passport.
- Then load your photo to Visafoto.com.
What kind of photos can I make with Visafoto.com?
Visafoto has a massive database about photo types in the Republic of Ireland and all around the world. It knows each smallest requirement to any kind of passport, visa, ID, driving licence, etc, including:
- Photo for Ireland passport
- Photo for Irish Employment Permit
- Photo for Irish visa
- Photo for Canadian visa
- Photo for US visa
- Photo for Canadian temporary resident visa
- Photo for Nigerian online visa
- Photo for Indian visa
- Photo for Estonian passport
- Photo for Pakistan National ID card
- Photo for Estonian resident digital identity card
- Photo for Indian online visa
- Photo for Indian OCI passport
How to print out a photo made online at Visafoto?
Visafoto will give you 2 versions of photos:
- Digital one for online submissions;
- Version for printing on 4x6 inch paper. One printout typically has 4 photos. You can order a print at Boots pharmacy website and then pick it up at the nearest store.
Note, for most of the documents mentioned above you can make an online submission, so you don't need any printed version. Whenever it's possible, #stayathome and drink ale (#stayathome and stay safe is politically correct, Natasha)!