Ethiopian Origin ID Card (Yellow Card) Application And Photo
From the application process to the essential requirements for submitting a suitable photo, this article aims to provide a comprehensive guide to obtaining the Ethiopian Origin ID Card.
Table of contents
- Ethiopian Origin ID card benefits and rules
- How to apply for an Ethiopian Origin ID card?
- Documents required for an Ethiopian Origin ID card application
- Ethiopian Origin ID card photo requirements
- Get an Ethiopian Yellow Card photo online!
- Ethiopian Origin Card application fees
- Ethiopian Origin Card Card renewal rules
Ethiopian Origin ID card benefits and rules
The Ethiopian Origin ID card, also known as the Yellow Card, is granted to individuals of Ethiopian origin who have acquired foreign nationality under certain life circumstances or other factors.
This card provides them with a range of privileges, including exemption from entry visas, residence permits, and work permits, allowing them to freely live, work, and be treated as Ethiopian nationals without the restrictions imposed on foreign nationals.
How to apply for an Ethiopian Origin ID card?
To apply for a Yellow Card, the Ethiopian Origin ID card, individuals of Ethiopian origin who have acquired foreign nationality need to follow these steps:
- Get in touch with the Ethiopian Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence to inquire about the specific application process and requirements. They will provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information;
- Obtain the official application form from the Embassy or Consulate, and carefully complete it with block letters, ensuring that all the required fields are accurately filled;
- Attach the supporting documents as outlined in the application requirements;
- Submit them to the Ethiopian Embassy or Consulate as instructed. It is advisable to make copies of all documents for your records;
- Pay the application fee;
- Wait for processing and receive your card.
Documents required for an Ethiopian Origin ID card application
- Two copies of the filled application form;
- 3 passport-sized recent color photographs;
- Supporting documents to show that you are of Ethiopian origin, two copies each:
- Previous passport (if available);
- Two copies of a valid passport from the country of naturalization;
- Birth certificates, marriage certificates, ID Cards, or bank books – authenticated by the Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Court decision documents and property ownership documents – authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs showing that you are the legal inheritor.
Ethiopian Origin ID card photo requirements
Make sure your application photo fulfills the following requirements:
- The Yellow card photo size must be 30mm wide by 40mm high;
- Your head must occupy 30 mm of the picture’s height;
- You must be looking straight into the, with a neutral expression;
- No headgear, except for religious reasons such as the hijab, is allowed. However, it may not obscure your face;
- You may wear glasses, but they must not obscure the face;
- The photo must be of decent quality so you may be easily recognized: good contrast and lighting, clear, not blurred, pixelated. Scanned photos are not allowed;
- Your photo must not be older than six months;
- The Yellow Card photo background must be plain white with no shadows nor extraneous objects;
- The photo must not have borders;
- Write your name on the back of the photograph in block capital letters;
- The photo must show the shoulder up to the crown.
Here is an example:
Get an Ethiopian Yellow Card photo online!
One of the unexpected problems during application processes is that the photos used do not fulfill the requirements, potentially causing delays to the process. We recommend using professional services to adjust your photo before uploading to avoid this problem.
Visafoto has been editing photographs for visas, permanent resident cards, passports, and other documents since 2013. It can also edit your OCI application picture.
Simply take a portrait of yourself in the proper dress code and pose in decent lighting. Then, upload it to our tool below.
Take an image with a smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
Visafoto will edit your photo to fulfill 100% of the abovementioned requirements. Should you have questions about your photo result, contact us, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
First, take a photo of yours like this one:
You will have two types of photos. Digital photography is suitable for electronic applications, while the other is designed for printing.
Ethiopian Origin Card application fees
It costs USD 200 to apply for the Ethiopian Yellow Card. For the renewal of the expired card you will need to pay $167.
Ethiopian Origin Card Card renewal rules
Ethiopian Yellow Cards are valid for five years. You have to renew the ID card before the expiry date. If your Ethiopian Origin ID card expired more than 6 months ago, you must attach a note explaining why you did not renew your ID card on time.