Hong Kong baby passport photo
Hong Kong citizens of any age must have passports to travel abroad. To get one, you must provide two color passport photos that match the standard Hong Kong passport photo requirements.
If you are applying for a children's passport, keep in mind that the child's passport photo must comply with the extra Hong Kong passport photo requirements for babies.
Table of contents
- Hong Kong baby passport photo requirements
- Hong Kong baby e-passport photo for online form
- Hong Kong smart ID card photo requirements
- Where can I take the Hong Kong baby passport photo near me?
- Hong Kong baby passport photo guidelines
- Get the Hong Kong baby passport photo online!
From the article below, you will know the necessary Hong Kong child passport photo requirements and the best ways to take a photo of a child in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong baby passport photo requirements
A baby passport photo in Hong Kong must meet the same requirements as a regular passport photo:
- The photo must have been taken within the last six months;
- The size of the photo should be 40x50 mm;
- Head height should be from 32 mm to 36 mm;
- The background must be white;
- The photo must be in color;
- The resolution is 600 DPI;
- The photograph must be taken with a neutral facial expression;
- The eyes must be open and well visible;
- The mouth must be closed. Children under one-year-old are exception;
- There should be no objects or other people in the picture;
- The photo should not have the hands of the parents or the child;
- Eyes must be open regardless of age.
Hong Kong baby e-passport photo for online form
Wanna apply online for a passport for your baby? Then you need an electronic photo which meeting these criteria:
- The size of the photo should be 1200x1600 pixels;
- The file size should be 5 MB or less;
- The mage type is JPEG.
Other requirements like background colour or facial expression are the same.
Here is an example:
Hong Kong smart ID card photo requirements
Are you applying for a smart ID card for your baby or toddler? You need to bring 4x5 cm photos. The photo requirements are the same as for a Hong Kong passport offline.
Where can I take the Hong Kong baby passport photo near me?
Numerous pharmacies and post offices in Hong Kong give passport photo services. The average price for two printed photos is 100 HKD (it does not include a digital version of the image).
Bear in mind that taking a Hong Kong passport photo for a newborn or toddler can be demanding, as convincing a child to remain calm in the vicinity of strangers is not an easy task. In addition, the rules in Hong Kong are quite strict and do not allow a photo with eyes closed - even if it is an infant. This means that you have to choose exactly when the baby will be awake and take numerous shots.
This is the reason why most parents prefer to take their child's passport photo at home, saving time and money.
Hong Kong baby passport photo guidelines
Taking a Hong Kong passport photo of a baby at home is a completely doable task. Just follow this quick guide:
- Put your baby on a plain light-colored blanket or sheet;
- Place the camera at a distance of around 1.5 meters from the child;
- Make sure the baby’s head is in the middle of the image;
- The mouth closure requirement does not apply to children under one year of age.
- Make sure the baby’s eyes are open.
- Make sure there is uniform light on the face and no shadows.
- Take some photos and choose the one that suits you best.
Get the Hong Kong baby passport photo online!
How can I take a child passport photo in Hong Kong to comply with all legal requirements? Visafoto comes to help!
Take a picture with your smartphone or camera against any background. Like this one:
Just upload the photo taken by the previous guide. Visafoto instantly resizes and formats it as required, substitutes the background, and improves the overall image quality. A Hong Kong passport child photo taken at Visafoto will look like a photograph taken in a professional studio, but in reality, it will require much less effort and cost.
Visafoto provides consumers with two types of images:
- A digital child passport photo in Hong Kong suitable for online applications;
- A template for printing. Find out how to print your child's passport photo online from this article.
Here they are:
The above rules apply for a Hong Kong passport photo for a newborn, a Hong Kong passport photo for a child, and a passport photo for an adult in Hong Kong.