Israeli Passport Photo
To travel abroad, Israeli citizens need to have a valid Israeli passport. One important part of the application is a photo, as it allows identification. In this article, learn about the general application process and the parameters of an Israeli passport photo. The following information is valid for both the Darkon passport (the main travel document for Israeli citizens) and the UNLP (United Nations laissez-passer).
Table of contents
- Israeli passport application: general process
- Israeli passport photo requirements
- Israeli passport photo background
- Israeli passport photo dress code
- Israeli passport photo requirements for babies
- Israeli passport photo format for online applications at Gov.il
- Get an Israeli passport photo online!
Israeli passport application: general process
In general, the process can be divided into three steps:
- You will need to provide personal data, Israeli address and phone number. You must enter the information in English or Hebrew.You will need to provide personal data, Israeli address and phone number. You must enter the information in English or Hebrew.
- Pay the govermental fee online. Note that the Israeli passport cost depends on the season: the price of an adult application in wintertime is ₪155, while in summertime it costs ₪245. If you pay directly at the passport office, the fee will be ₪265. A child's Israeli passport costs ₪125 in summer and ₪90 in winter.
- Prepare required documents: an expired Israeli passport or a passport of another country (if you have dual citizenship). You will also need a laissez-passer (if you have one) and a state fee receipt.
- Attend your appointment at the passport office to submit documents and take biometric data.
- Get a document by mail or courier.
Israeli passport photo requirements
If you apply for a Darkon passport directly in Israel, you do not need to prepare a photo in advance: you will be photographed upon submission.
However, printed photographs are necessary if you apply for temporary passports and passports for small children, you will need to get a picture matching these requirements:
- Depending on the country of application, the Israeli passport photo is accepted in 2 sizes: 35x45 mm or 5x5 cm (2x2”). Ask your consulate or government agency the correct size first.
- The photo must be in color;
- You must take the photo in the last month within application;
- Your head must be held straight with no tilt, be looking straight ahead at the camera;
- Your expression must be neutral with closed mouth.
Here is an example:
Israeli passport photo background
The background of your Israeli passport photo must be plain and even, colored light gray or white with no shadow.
Israeli passport photo dress code
There is no exact dress code, but we recommend something standard like smart casual or business attire. Furthermore, make sure of these details:
- Head covering only allowed for religious reasons;
- Glasses, if worn, must be clear and not obscure eyes;
- Eyes must be visible and not obscured by hair.
Israeli passport photo requirements for babies
The technical requirements are the same as adult pictures. Make sure that there isn’t anyone in the background, and no bibs or toys, or other objects can be visible.
For newborn passport pictures, you are allowed to take a picture at home as it may be difficult to do at the passport office. You can lay your child down on a plain sheet and photograph from above.
Israeli passport photo format for online applications at Gov.il
The current application process involves online appointment booking and payment, then in person submission. The image format must be 35mm in width and 45 mm in height. The minimal required resolution is 600 DPI. The digital photo is suitable for such Israeli documents as temporary resident visa (A/1 and A/2), residence permit, work permit, sports license, change of status, etc.
Get an Israeli passport photo online!
Save time and resources and trust professionals on Visafoto to take care of your passport photo, all without leaving the comfort of your own home. This option also saves you money, as you can print it yourself, as long as you have high quality printer and photo paper.
Just take a portrait of yourself in good lighting and upload it to our tool below. You will get two files from Visafoto: a digital photo and a template ready for printing!
Take an image with a smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here, and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
You will get two files from Visafoto: a digital photo for electronic applications and a template ready for printing.
The photograph processed by Visafoto is suitable both for an online application at Gov.il an for applying in person. Save you time on a passport application and entrust the editing of a perfect ID picture to professionals!