NADRA Family Registration Certificate (FRC): How to Apply
Pakistan is widening the digitalization of its administrative records system, including family records. In this article, we’ll break down the Pakistani family registration certificate.
Table of contents
- Family Registration Certificate in Pakistan: Explained
- Who needs the FRC in Pakistan?
- Ways to get the Family Registration Certificate
- How to apply for the FRC online?
- Documents required for FRC application
- FRC photo requirements
- Get a NADRA photo online
- FRC fees
Family Registration Certificate in Pakistan: Explained
The Family Registration Certificate (FRC) is a certificate that is used to show its holders’ family composition. Simply put, it records the holder’s familial relationships. These relationships can be blood relationships (parent-child, among siblings), adoption, or by marriage.
Who needs the FRC in Pakistan?
Theoretically, anyone can get an FRC. The FRC, however, is most significantly used in visa applications to travel abroad. It is common practice for embassies to ask about familial ties in your home country as one of the ways to make sure that you will come back to your home country, depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
The FRC, as a documental proof of familial relationship, can also be used to give a power of attorney to a family member.
Ways to get the Family Registration Certificate
There are two ways to apply for the FRC: in-person and online.
To apply in person, you must go to a NADRA office with all the required documents. You will get your picture taken there, apply and fill out your data, and pay for your application. Make sure to input your data correctly as your data will be matched with the NADRA database.
To apply online, continue reading the next section
How to apply for the FRC online?
Follow these steps to apply for the FRC online:
- Visit the Pak Identity website, register or log in to an existing account;
- Choose to apply for the FRC;
- Fill out the application form;
- Pay for your application using a debit or credit card, or NADRA’s e-Sahulat;
- Upload your application photo;
- Upload all the required documents;
- Submit your application.
Documents required for FRC application
The documents required for the FRC application prove your familial relationship and identity:
- CNIC/NICOP/POC of parents/siblings/spouse/child;
- Child Registration Certificate (CRC) and photographs of family members aged less than 18.
FRC photo requirements
If you take your FRC picture yourself (in the case of online applications), make sure it fulfills the following:
- The photo must be in color and high quality;
- The CNIC photo dimensions must not be less than 350 x 467 pixels;
- The picture’s background must be plain white with no shadows or extraneous objects;
- The photo must be recent, no older than six months;
- Your eyes must be open, not covered by any hair, and looking straight into the camera;
- Keep a neutral expression in the photo;
- Your whole head down to your shoulder must be visible in the picture;
- You may not wear glasses in the picture;
- No head accessories, caps, or hats are allowed in the picture;
- The photo must be clear (have good lighting and contrast); the use of filters is not allowed;
- The photo must show your natural skin and eye colors.
Here is an example:
Get a NADRA photo online
The Pak Identity system has made the bureaucratic system in Pakistan to become more streamlined. But you still want to ensure your application documents, including your photo, are all up to par. After all, the success of your application ultimately depends on you.
Visafoto can help to adjust your photo so that it fulfills all the requirements mentioned above. Just take a photo of yourself by following the dress code and posing guidelines, then upload it to our tool below.
Take an image with a smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here, and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
As a result, you will get a digital photo instantly, which fully satisfies the requirements and is ready to be uploaded with your NADRA application.
The application fee for FRC is PKR 1000. In the case of online applications, it is payable by the e-Sahulat franchise (only within Pakistan) or with a debit/credit card.