Portugal visa photo
Are you going to get a visa to visit Portugal? In addition to other documents, you must provide the Portuguese Embassy with three identical photographs that match the Portugal visa application photo requirements.
Table of contents
- Documents required for Portugal visa application
- Portugal visa photo requirements
- Can I wear glasses in the Portugal visa photo?
- Portugal visa photo tool
- Portugal visa photo: matte or glossy?
High-quality photographs are vitally important for the success of your Portugal visa application.
Documents required for Portugal visa application
Documents required for obtaining a tourist visa to Portugal are:
- Application form;
- Three color photos by photo requirements for a Portugal visa application;
- A passport which must have at least two blank pages and it should be valid more than 3 months after the planned departure from the Schengen area;
- A copy of the first page of the passport;
- A certificate from work with the prescribed position and salary;
- A bank statement which should not be older than 6 months;
- A medical insurance valid throughout the Schengen area and for the entire duration of the trip. The amount of insurance coverage is at least EUR 30.000;
- A receipt of payment of consular fees;
- A photocopy of air tickets or tickets for any type of transport in both directions;
- A confirmation of the hotel reservation;
- A photocopy of a national ID.
The list of documents varies depending on the type of visa.
Portugal visa photo requirements
Official photo requirements for a Portugal visa application are:
- The photo size for a Portugal visa must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
- The distance from the chin to the crown of the head should be approximately 3.2-3.6 cm or 70-80% of the area.
- The photo must be in color.
- The photo must have a white or light gray background.
- The photo must be taken within six months prior to the submission of documents.
- The photo should be without a corner.
- Photos should be clear, without glare or shadows.
- The candidate must have a neutral facial expression and look directly into the camera.
- Hair covering the face is not allowed.
- Hats and headgear must be removed unless worn for religious reasons and if they do not cover the face.
- No strangers or objects can be in the frame.
Here is an example:
Can I wear glasses in the Portugal visa photo?
It is allowed to take pictures with glasses, provided that the lenses are not tinted and there is no glare. Also, the frame should not obscure the expression of the eyes.
Portugal visa photo tool
What is the most competent way to take a photo for a Portugal visa application? With Visafoto you can take a photo for a Portugal visa everywhere in the world!
Use our Portugal visa photo crop tool for the fastest results. Just upload a full-face shot taken under standard illumination. Visafoto will instantly resize and format it as demanded, replace the background with plain white and improve the overall image quality.
The resulting image will match 100% photo requirements for a Portugal visa application.
First, take a photo of yours like this:
You will have two kinds of photos. A digital one is suitable for electronic applications and the other one is suitable for printing. Here they are:
Portugal visa photo: matte or glossy?
Photos for a Portugal visa must be printed on quality photo paper. The exact type of the paper is not specified by Portugal visa application photo requirements.