South Africa visa photo
Planning to get a visa to South Africa for your trip?
Along with the other visa documents you will have to provide two photographs.
Table of contents
- Documents required for South Africa visa
- South Africa E-visa: what an applicant needs to know
- South Africa visa photo
- South Africa visa photo tool
- South Africa visa photo: matte or glossy
- What types of South Africa visas require photos?
To complete the application, the photos must match the South Africa visa application photo requirements.
Documents required for South Africa visa
To obtain a tourist visa, it is necessary to provide:
- passport, valid for at least one month after the date of the end of the trip, with two free pages for visa and border stamps;
- completed application form;
- two photos compliant with photo requirements for a South Africa visa application;
- tickets for all entries into and out of the country. If you don’t have tickets, you can bring a car rental agreement instead;
- a detailed program of travel in South Africa with each night of stay documented by either a travel agency voucher or hotel reservations (upon request);
- confirmation of payment of the visa fee;
- a letter from the place of work indicating your position and salary, as well as the terms of the vacation provided (upon request);
- a document from the bank about the presence of a deposit or a printout of the credit card account with transactions history and the balance.
The list of required documents differs depending on the type of visa.
South Africa E-visa: what an applicant needs to know
A South Africa tourist e-visa is currently available only for citizens from Kenyan andIndian citizens. More eligible countries will be announced later. Eligible citizens can apply through a simple online South Africa e-visa application.
To obtain an approved e-visa electronically associated with a traveler's passport, you must:
- Fill out the online application form at Southafricavisa.com;
- Pay a visa fee online;
- Get an approved visa.
The documents required for e-visa are:
- passport valid for at least 6 months;
- a digital photo matching South Africa visa digital photo requirements;
- a credit or debit card;
- evidence of sufficient funds;
- return or onward ticket;
- yellow fever certificate for selected countries only.
South Africa visa photo
Photographs must comply with the South Africa visa application photo requirements as follows:
- The photo must be colored;
- The size of the photo must be 35 x 45 mm by South Africa visa photo size requirements;
- The head height should be 34.5 mm (including the top of the hair);
- The distance from the top of the photo to the top of the hair should be 3 mm.
- Image resolution should be 600 dpi;
- The background should be light grey;
- The head should not be tilted;
- The shoulders should be visible;
- The face should be in the center of the frame;
- The facial expression should be neutral, with the mouth closed;
- If the applicant wears glasses, he can take a picture with them. The eyes should be visible. The frame should not be too thick. Photographs with sunglasses are not allowed.
- A person can be photographed wearing a hat or covering their head for religious reasons. In this case, facial features should be visible.
Here is an example of a South Africa visa photo:
South Africa visa photo tool
What is the most reliable way to get a picture matching South Africa visa application photo specifications? As the South Africa visa photo size requirements are very special and distinctive from most passport-sized photos, it's best to entrust this task to dedicated online tools. With Visafoto you can take a photo for a visa to South Africa from everywhere on the planet!
Use our South Africa visa photo editing tool for the fastest results. Only upload a full-face shot taken under normal lighting. Visafoto will instantly resize and format it as required, replace the background with a light grey and improve the overall image quality. The resulting image will match 100% of the photo requirements for a South Africa visa application.
First, take a photo of yours like this one:
You will have two kinds of photos. A digital one is suitable for electronic applications and another one is for printing.
South Africa visa photo: matte or glossy
The photo must be printed on high-quality photographic paper. The type of paper is not listed in the visa requirements for South Africa.
What types of South Africa visas require photos?
The information above is applicable to the next types of visa:
- South Africa tourist visa photo;
- South Africa resident visa photo;
- South Africa transit visa photo;
- South Africa student visa photo.