Take A US Employment Authorization Photo Online Or With A Phone
A US Employment Authorization Document, or EAD, is required for individuals who are not US citizens or lawful permanent residents to work in the country legally. If you already have a green card or another type of work visa, the EAD is unnecessary.
In this article, we will provide you with a guide to the EAD application process and show you how to take a perfect photo for work authorization.
Table of contents
- How to apply for EAD work permit?
- Instantly convert your photo to a compliant EAD photo online!
- Edit your USCIS application photo with phone
- EAD photo requirements checklist
- How to attach a photo to your i 765 form?
- Do you need to print out a photo for an EAD application?
How to apply for EAD work permit?
To apply for a US EAD work permit, follow these steps:
- Go to the USCIS website and create an account.
- Complete Form I-765 from the USCIS website.
- Gather supporting documents according to your eligibility category: visa and passport copies, proof of nonimmigrant status, etc.
- Pay the filing fee and attach your payment receipts to the application.
- Mail the application to the appropriate USCIS office. For a catalog of mailing addresses where you can send your form, go to the Direct Filing Addresses page.
While your application is pending, you must remain in the U.S. unless you have a valid reason for leaving the country. The USCIS will request your fingerprints and photographs. Please note that failure to appear at the designated USCIS office will result in the denial of your EAD application.
Instantly convert your photo to a compliant EAD photo online!
Visafoto.com is a convenient, 24/7 document photo-editing platform. How it works: Take a photo with your smartphone or digital camera against a white or off-white background, then upload it for instant transformation into a professionally edited EAD photo.
The Visafoto USCIS photo cropping tool processes your image in seconds, converting and cropping, configuring the background, correcting the head size, and adjusting the size for online submission.
You will also receive a print-ready version with the digitally formatted photo for your online submission. If your photo is rejected for any reason, Visafoto guarantees a full refund.
First, take a photo of yours under daylight like this one:
You will have two kinds of photos. A digital one is suitable for online submission and the other one is for printing. Here they are:
The tool has a 99.7% accuracy rate and knows the exact photo dimensions needed for your submissions. It caters to all types of visa, passport, and ID photos.
Edit your USCIS application photo with phone
Supported by Visafoto, the 7ID App is available for iPhone and Android and provides an intuitive way to capture and edit photos for EADs, passports, visas, and other documents that are suitable for both digital and physical submissions. 7ID guarantees that your picture meets the i765 photo requirements.
By simply uploading your image and selecting the appropriate nation and document type, you can take advantage of 7ID's exceptional features:
- Automatic resizing: The app eliminates the need for manual editing by automatically resizing your image to fit the I 765 photo requirements and properly positioning the head and eyes.
- Change background color: A simple left drag on the slider option allows users to change the background to standard colors like light gray, blue, or white according to the EAD photo requirements.
- Printable templates: Upon completion of your passport or EAD card photo editing, 7ID offers a print template that fits your specific dimensions. You can adjust the photo to fit on standard paper sizes including 10×15 cm, A4, A5, or B5. You can print it at home or use a local copy center.
- Advanced editing (Expert feature): 7ID's superior passport, visa, and USCIS photo tool uses advanced algorithms to edit image quality, optimize modifications, and efficiently remove backgrounds for important documents such as passports or DV lottery applications.
- 24/7 support and quality checks (Expert feature): The Expert feature provides 24/7 support and image review to ensure the best results. If the image is unacceptable or rejected, it provides a replacement.
EAD photo requirements checklist
The USCIS photo requirements for EAD are as follows:
- The photo should be taken within 30 days of the application. Do not use previous visa or passport photos!
- The EAD photo must be in color.
- The photo size for the EAD must be 2×2.
- Head size should be between 1 and 1 ⅜ inches. It must be centered.
- Maintain a neutral facial expression with open eyes and look directly at the camera.
- The background of the EAD photo must be plain white.
- Eyeglasses are not allowed (including prescription eyeglasses).
- The photo should be taken in full-face view, looking directly at the camera.
- Uniforms are not allowed.
- Head coverings are allowed only if worn for religious purposes and do not cast shadows on the face.
- On the back of each image, your full name, date of birth, I-94 record number, and SEVIS ID [can be found on I-20 above the barcode; ID starts with “N000…”] should be written.
Here is an example:
How to attach a photo to your i 765 form?
Visafoto and 7ID tools provide you with 2 types of images:
- A digital file for online submission;
- A printable template with 4 separate pictures.
To attach an EAD photo to an I-765 form, select the image provided by Visafoto or 7ID and upload it by following the on-screen instructions.
Do you need to print out a photo for an EAD application?
Yes, to apply for an Employment Authorization Document, you must submit two identical photographs. You can print them at your local pharmacy for less than $0.50 on either matte or glossy photo paper, and then attach them to your application envelope.