China passport photo size
In this article, you will find all the information you have to know about China passport photo size and China visa photo size for a successful application.
Table of contents
- Size of China passport photo in cm
- China digital passport photo size
- China visa photo size
- China passport photo measurements
- Get the China passport size photo online
- How to correctly crop a photo to the China passport picture size on your own
Bonus: detailed guideline on how you can crop your picture to the exact size.
Size of China passport photo in cm
The required size of a China passport photo in cm is 3.3 x 4.8. The picture must have a white background.
Traditionally, in China passport photos are measured in cuns. A one big cun photo is a standard chinese passport photo. Its size in mm is 33x48 mm.
Here is an example:
So just bring a 3.3x4.8 cm photo if you are asked to take a one big cun photo!
China digital passport photo size
The required China passport photo size in pixels is between 354 pixels (width) × 472 pixels (height) and 420 pixels (width) × 560 pixels (height). The photo file must be between 40 KB and 120 KB in size. The photo must have a white background.
Here is a sample:
China visa photo size
Please note that the China visa photo size requirements are the same as the aforementioned China passport photo size rules. Printed Chinese visa photos are one big cun photos (33x48 mm). Digital photos for a Chinese visa online have the same size as digital passport photos.
China passport photo measurements
Along with the size of the photo, find out additional image parameters such as head height if you are applying for a China passport:
- The width of the head should be between 15 mm and 22 mm, and the height of the head should be between 28 mm and 33 mm.
- The distance between the crown and the top of the photo should be between 3 and 5 mm.
- The distance between the chin and the bottom edge of the photograph must be 7 mm or more.
Get the China passport size photo online
The most cost-effective way to instantly crop your photo to the China passport photo size is to use our convenient online tools. Visafoto provides photos of the necessary size of a passport photo in China, taking into consideration vital parameters such as the position of the head and eyes. Moreover, it replaces the background with plain white and enhances image quality in general.
First, take a photo of yours under daylight like this one:
You will receive a digital photo for online passport or visa application and a photo for printing:
Use Visafoto to crop the image to fit the China passport photo size and China visa photo size or select the image from the list.
How to correctly crop a photo to the China passport picture size on your own
As mentioned earlier, you can install the precise size of a China passport photo using Visafoto in a couple of seconds. But you can also crop the photo yourself in a digital photo editor if the simplest approach doesn't work for you.
Here's an example of how to resize a China passport photo in Photoshop:
- Firstly, open Photoshop and pick the picture applying the Browse option;
- Click the Crop tool on the left toolbar;
- Place the crop selector so that the face is in the center of the image. The image should additionally cover the upper body;
- Find out the Ratio box at the top. Insert the required aspect ratio: 33 in width and 48 in height;
- Press Enter;
- Your China passport photo has been cropped!
To submit a photo for printing, go to the image section above. Choose Image Size and set the width and height to 3.3 x 4.8 cm. Set the resolution to 600 dpi.
Please note that you should check not only the size of a China passport photo, but other characteristics previously presented, such as head height or eye position.
Visafoto automatically creates a photo of the size of a China passport. We prove that the photos will be accepted.
If you have any questions, we welcome you to reach our 24/7 customer support team!