China passport photo
Are you going to renew your China passport or apply for the first one? Pay more attention to the passport picture! Do you have some difficulties in terms of ID passport when submitting a passport application? For example, your passport application is delayed or even rejected due to an unqualified passport photo. Or you have no idea about China passport photo specifications, or it takes you much more time and money to prepare qualified photos, which are really unpleasant experiences.
Table of contents
- China passport photo requirements for online application
- China passport photos for in-person application
- China passport photo dress code
- China baby passport photo
- Get your China passport photo online!
- China Passport Photo Price
- How to print out a China passport photo
Now we prepare detailed requirements for the China passport application photo and provide you with the most convenient and budget-friendly solution to obtain a qualified China passport picture.
China passport photo requirements for online application
- China passport photo dimensions: The digital photo should be between 354 pixels (width) × 472 pixels (height) and 420 pixels (width) × 560 pixels (height).
- Colour Space: RGB 24 bit true color.
- Image Compression: JPEG. The required image file size of a China digital passport photo is 40 KB - 120 KB.
- Facial Requirements: The applicant is required to present the frontal view to the camera with the entire head and face clearly visible. The facial expression must be neutral with eyes open, mouth closed and ears visible. There should be no visible distortion of the facial features. And there should not be any object such as a hand or toy or another person visible in the photo. The head position: ≤ 20° for left or right tilt (Yaw and Roll) and ≤ 25° for up or down tilt (pitch).
- Head Coverings: Hats or other head coverings are only allowed if worn for religious reasons and if they do not obscure any facial features.
- Photo Quality: The photo should have no damage or impurities, no background light or shadow cover face. There should not be over- or under-exposure. The face should be centered in the photo with all features clearly visible and with natural skin tone. The inter-eye distance should be﹥60 pixels and without a red spots in the eyes.
- Head Size and Orientation for the Digital Photo: With the digital photo of 354 pixels (width) × 472 pixels (height) as an example, the head should be horizontally centered in the image with the face width at 205 pixels ±14 pixels. The space from the upper edge of the image to the crown of the head should be 10-70 pixels. The vertical distance from the bottom edge of the image to the horizontal line through the center of the eyes should be ＞256 pixels. In special cases, when the hair is too high, the voluminous hair can be trimmed off to ensure the size of the face.
- Head Size and Orientation for Paper Photo: The head width should be between 15 mm and 22 mm and the head height, measured from the base of the chin to the crown of the head, should be between 28 mm and 33 mm. The space of the crown and the upper edge of the photo should be between 3 mm and 5 mm. The space between the chin and the bottom edge of the photo should be ≥7 mm.
- Background and Borders: The background of the photo should be white or close to white with no borders around the edge of the image.
- The photo should be recent, taken within 6 months.
Here is an example of a Chinese passport online photo:
China passport photos for in person application
The paper China passport photo size should be 33 mm (width) × 48 mm (height). Other photo requirements are the same.
China passport photo dress code
The dress color should not be identical to the background color. China passport photo rules allow wearing eyeglasses only if the lenses are not tinted and there is no glare, shadows, or frames obscuring eyes.
Hats or other head coverings are only allowed if worn for religious reasons and if they do not obscure any facial features.
China baby passport photo
Chinese baby passport photo requirements are the same as for adults.
Get your China passport photo online!
The fastest way to get your China passport or visa photo is to use a specialized online software.
Visafoto instantly converts any portrait to a professional ID photo: it sets the right size, adjusts the background, fixes tilted head and improves quality. This way you can get a photo for any ID, be it a passport, a visa, a driving license, etc.
Just upload your portrait taken on any background from the distance of 1,5-2 meters from the face:
Select the type of ID you need a photo for and enjoy a professional result! You will get a file in two versions:
- A digital China passport photo for online submissions at cs.mfa.gov.cn
- A printable template containing 4 individual China passport photo cards.
Here they are:
China Passport Photo Price
Visafoto Online. A digital photo that you can get on Visafoto.com costs $7 only and is:
- professionally done;
- matching all the requirements;
- available 24x7;
- and you can print it multiple times (like $0.35 only per 4 additional prints).
Regarding the offline service price of China ID photo, take Shanghai as an example, the average offline price is about 元20-40 RMB (CNY). And high-end professional service may cost much more including putting on make-up and post-processing.
How to print out a China passport photo
If you are applying for your China visa online, then paper photos are not required. You just need to prepare a qualified digital photo and apply for visa at the following link:
And it is strongly recommended to apply online due to the COVID-19 restrictions all offline services operate with delay.
But if you still prefer to submit in a paper form, you will need to print out your photo. The required China passport picture size is 33x48 mm. The China visa photo requirements are the same. What’s more, the paper photo shall be printed on glossy paper. Matte paper will not be accepted.
Visafoto provides customers with a ready-to-print image containing 4 individual photos on it. All you need to do is to print it on high-quality glossy paper. The paper size 10x15 cm (4x6 inches) is preferable.
You can also use the nearest online or offline printing service. The most convenient option to print a passport photo is to head to the nearest 7-eleven store; the exact price of one print will depend on the region.
Do you need a photo for a China visa? Before you get your application started, please kindly check the Chinese Visa Application Center website information to decide to apply online or offline. The website link is as follows:visaforchina.org