United Arab Emirates: take passport photos or visa photos without leaving home
You need to renew your UAE passport or obtain a US, Canadian or Saudi visa? In the era of the internet you rarely need to go out for new documents: you can submit most applications online. But what to do about photos? Where is it better to take passport photos in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah or Al Ain now, when everything is closed because of the Covid-19 pandemic?
But requirements for passport photos remain quite strict: you can't just take a selfie and attach it to your submission. Or ... you can? Let's see how it is possible to get a professional passport photo online, with a smartphone and Visafoto.com.
Step 1: Take passport photo by your own
You need neither a professional camera nor white wall for that. Just follow these simple steps:
- Stand by the wall 1,5-3,5 meters from the photographer (or from the tripod).
- You can also use a selfie stick, but your shoulders must remain straight.
- Use daylight instead of lamps, but avoid direct sunlight on your face.
- In most cases you can leave your head covered, but the face must be clearly seen.
- Take several pictures. Choose the one you like the most.
Step 2: make a professional passport photo out of a selfie
Head to Visafoto.com, choose the type of document you need photo for and upload your picture.
Visafoto will replace the background, fix contrast, adjust size and format according to requirements. The service knows every parameter for any passport/visa photo worldwide. You don't need to do anything manually: Visafoto will do everything automatically. 24x7 support is here to help you if anything goes wrong.
With Visafoto you can make photos for all types of documents, including:
- Photo for UAE ID card
- Photo for UAE passport
- Photo for UAE visa
- Photo for US visa
- Photo for Canadian visa
- Photo for Saudi Arabia Evisa
- Photo for UK visa
- Photo for UK passport
- Photo for Malaysian eVisa
- Photo for Georgian eVisa
- Photo for Indian visa
- Photo for Nigerian visa
- Photo for Pakistan ID card
- Photo for US citizenship
- Photo for US passport
- Photo for Australian visa
Step 3: download your passport photo
For a fee of 20 AED you will be able to download your photo in 2 versions:
- A digital one for online applications
- The one for 4x6" prints with 4 photos on it.
We highly recommend you submit your application online, as it's possible in most cases. #Stayathome and stay safe!