Malaysia: take passport photos or visa photos at home
Do you need to renew your Malaysian passport? Or you can't wait until international borders are open again, and plan to get a foreign visa? No matter how different the requirements for certain documents may be, in any case you will need at least one high-quality photograph.
But how can you take a passport photo in Kuala Lumpur, Malacca, Penang, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Johor Bahru now, during the lockdown period? Fortunately, in most cases applications are accepted online. It is not necessary to print a photo: a digital version is enough.
The second question: "How can I take a passport photo, being sure that it meets all official requirements?" No worries: you don't need to be a pro-photographer or learn photoshop. All you need is a smartphone with a camera and internet access.
Making a professional passport photo out of a selfie
- Note: Hijab / headscarf is allowed on the photo, but your face must be fully visible.
- The distance between you and the camera should be about 1.5-3 meters. If there is no one to take a picture of you, then use a tripod or selfie stick.
- Daylight is preferable, as you can achieve better quality, and there will be no strong shadows on your face.
- Make sure that the picture includes your head, shoulders and upper body.
- Look directly at the camera. Avoid any emotional facial expression and hair on your face. It should be neutral and uncovered.
- Take several pictures. Take the time to choose the best one: you are going to look at it for the next 10 years whenever you open your passport.
- Upload your photo to Visafoto.com, choose a type of photo you need and get a professional passport photo in 2 seconds.
Visafoto will adjust the size and format, replace the background, fix the contrast, set the size of the photo in kilobytes.
The cost of a service is 20 ringgit. It includes 24-hour support and a 100% guarantee. If the photo is not accepted, then you will get a full refund. However, it's unlikely to happen: photos processed via Visafoto.com are accepted in 99.7% of cases.
What types of photos can I make with Visafoto?
Visafoto knows the requirements for all types of photographs for passports, IDs, visas and other documents worldwide, including:
- Photo for Malaysian passport
- Photo for Malaysian e-visa
- Photo for US visa
- Photo for Malaysian passport (white background)
- Photo for Singapore passport
- Photo for Saudi Arabia eVisa
- Photo for Malaysian offline visa
- Photo for Malaysian visa (white background)
- Photo for Singapore eVisa
- Photo for Malaysian expat 99x142
- Photo for Malaysian Visa (blue background)
- Standard 35x45 photo
- Photo for Myanmar Visa
- Photo for Chinese visa
- Photo for Indonesian visa (red background)
- Photo for Indian online visa
- Photo for Indian offline visa
- Photo for Japanese residence permit
- and more
How can I print out passport photos made via Visafoto.com?
Visafoto will provide you 2 versions of your photo:
- A digital version for online submissions;
- Version for printing on 10x15 cm (4x6 inch) paper. One printout is enough for 2-6 photos, depending on the required size.
In most cases you can submit your photo online, a print version is not required. # stayhome