Polish passport photo
All citizens of Poland of every age have the right to a passport. The passport is an identity document that gives the holder the right to international travel, even beyond the European Union. Below we will cover what paperwork is required for obtaining a document within Poland and abroad and what requirements a Polish passport photo must meet to be successfully accepted.
Table of contents
- Polish passport application
- Documents required for Polish passport application
- Polish passport photo requirements
- Get your Polish passport photo online
Polish passport application
Based on where you are, there are two ways to apply for a Polish passport:
- In person at passport points all across Poland;
- At Polish consulates, if you need to get a new travel document while abroad.
Documents required for Polish passport application
The documents needed to submit for a Polish passport depend on your age group.
Documents needed for adults
- Passport application form, given at a passport point;
- A photo of the passport applicant fulfilling the standard requirements;
- Proof of payment for the passport,
- If you’re eligible, a document that will confirm your entitlement to the application fee discount;
- A current valid passport (if applicable) or a valid ID card;
- If your surname was changed after you married abroad - a shortened or complete copy of a Polish marriage certificate.
Documents needed for children
The list of documents is the same as above (except for ones reasonable only expected of adults, such as the marriage certificate), plus a nationwide Large Family Card - if you have one.
The child must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardian(s). If only one parent is present, then you must provide the following papers:
- Written consent of the other parent or legal guardian, which must be confirmed by the consul, passport office officer or notary;
- One of the following documents:
- A court decision stating that the other parent has no right to decide on issuing a passport for the child;
- A family court decision in which the court agrees to issue a passport for the child;
- A complete copy of the child's birth certificate - if the father is unknown;
- Death certificate of the other parent.
Polish passport photo requirements
For your passport application to be accepted, ensure that your passport photos meet the Polish passport photo parameters listed below.
The Polish passport photo size
The required format is 35 mm x 45 mm. The face should cover 70-80% of the photo.
The Polish passport photo background
The photo must have a plain white background. Make sure there are no external objects or shadows.
The Polish passport photo dress-code
The dress code is mostly common sense: no bold makeup, and jewellery should be modest. To avoid problems, you may want to skip the jewellery altogether. Any headwear is only allowed for religious or medical purposes.
Can I wear glasses in the Polish passport photo?
Prescription glasses are allowed, as long as they don’t obscure eyes and don’t have thick frames or tinted lenses. Glasses with dark lenses are allowed in case of eyesight defects, but you must provide a certificate about your disability. Contact lenses are only allowed if they do not alter your eye colour or shape.
Facial hair in Polish passport photos
Facial hair is allowed only if it doesn’t hinder identification. To avoid problems, take your picture without facial hair.
Other important Polish passport picture criteria
- The pictures must be no older than six months;
- Photos have to be in colour;
- There should be no distortions or marks on the submitted photos;
- Print your photo on matte photo paper only.
Here's an example of the photo:
Get your Polish passport photo online
A valid passport photo is vital to ensure that your application is processed as efficiently as possible, no matter which way you're applying for your Polish passport. A valid photograph needs to fulfil all the requirements explained above.
To get one quickly, you can simply use Visafoto, which has been helping people around the world get photos for various identification documents. Just take a picture of yourself under good lighting, with proper posing and clothing as explained above. Then Visafoto will take care of the technicalities.
Take an image with a smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here, and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID. Choose the background option that suits you the most for the best result.
Source photo (example)
Polish passport photo in two formats: for printing and online submission:
With Visafoto, you can get your Polish passport photo just for $7.
How to print a digital photo for the Polish passport application?
You will need your photo printed to apply for your passport, and while Visafoto is a digital service, we have you covered. You will get not only a digital photo file but also a template ready for printing, so you don’t need to worry about formatting your image to get it printed right. Use this guideline to print your Polish passport photo correctly.
My passport photo was not accepted. What to do?
This rarely happens to Visafoto users: images processed by our software are accepted 99.7% of the time. However, please contact our 24-hour technical support if something has gone wrong. We'll replace the photo free of charge or refund you the total amount for the service!