How to apply for a UAE visa online? Brief guideline
The United Arab Emirates continues to open itself up to the world, not least through the constant improvement of its immigration services. One of the ways they do that is through electronic visa applications. There are several ways to get an Emirati/Dubai visa online, and we'll cover each of them in detail in our instructions.
Table of contents
- Who is eligible to apply for a UAE visa online?
- How to get a UAE visa at ICP?
- How to apply for a UAE visa at GDRFA?
- How to get a UAE visa via airline? Airlines providing UAE visa services
- Digital UAE visa photo requirements
- Get a UAE visa photo online!
- Documents required for UAE visa application
- UAE tourist visa fees
Who is eligible to apply for a UAE visa online?
Citizens of some countries need no pre-arranged (applied for before arrival) visa to visit the UAE, but some need them ready before their flight.
For those who need to apply for a pre-arranged visa, you may apply for them online, such as through the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security (ICP), the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), Dubai Now, or in the case of tourist visas, through UAE-based airlines such as the Emirates and Etihad, or authorized hotels.
Applications for a UAE resident visa are also processed electronically.
How to get a UAE visa at ICP?
The biggest "one-stop shop" for immigration and travel matters is the ICP, and it’s no surprise they handle visa applications as well.
To apply through ICP:
- Visit their official website;
- Open the "E-Channel services" tab, then "Public services";
- Choose the type of visa you need;
- Fill out the application form and submit documents as required;
- Submit and pay.
How to apply for a UAE visa at GDRFA?
If you’re going to Dubai and need a tourist, residence, or employment visa, then GDRFA is also an option where you can apply. To apply through this platform:
- Visit the GDRFA website;
- Open the "Services" tab;
- Choose New Visa Services, Entry Permits, or Residency Services based on the type of visa you need;
- Fill out the application and upload the required documents;
- Submit and pay.
How to get a UAE visa via airline? Airlines providing UAE visa services
For certain types of visas, such as transit visas or tourist visas, some UAE-based airlines provide visa application services. According to the official government website u.ae, these airlines are:
- Etihad Airways;
- Emirates Airlines;
Each airline has its own procedures for visa applications, so contact the customer service or sales division (as applicable) of the airline you will fly with to apply for a visa through them.
Digital UAE visa photo requirements
To apply for a UAE visa online, you will need to submit a digital photo that fulfills the following requirements:
- If you apply for the UAE visa via Emirates.com, the required visa photo size is 300x369 pixels;
- If you use ICP services, you will need a photo of a ¾ format. Provided that the minimum allowed resolution is 600 DPI, the recommended ICP photo size in pixels is 826 on 1063 px;
- The face should occupy 70-80% of the image;
- The picture for a UAE visa must be in color;
- The photo must have a light gray or white background;
- The photo must have been taken no more than six months ago.
Here is an example:
Get a UAE visa photo online!
The Emirati government has made bureaucratic processes more streamlined and efficient, making applications for UAE visas easier. However, there’s a way to make the process more of a breeze, especially regarding the application photos. You can trust this task to the professionals.
Visafoto can adjust your photo to fulfill all the UAE visa photo application photo requirements. Simply take a picture of yourself with any background but good lighting by following all posing and dress code guidelines. Then, upload it to our tool below.
Take an image with a smartphone or camera against any background, upload it here, and instantly get a professional photo for your visa, passport, or ID.
You will get a digital photo like this one:
Documents required for UAE visa application
Here are the documents you need to apply for a UAE visa:
- Passport (must be valid at the end of the trip for at least six months);
- A copy of the passport photo page (bio-data page);
- Original local ID and its copy;
- Application form;
- Round-trip air ticket (if electronic, then confirmation received by email);
- Receipt of paid visa fee;
- One photo matching the UAE visa picture requirements;
- Copies of valid and used visas (if you have an old passport, you need to attach a copy of its first page and copies of pages with previous visas and stamps);
- Documents confirming financial solvency.
The complete list of documents depends on your country of origin, the type of visa requested and the application method.
UAE tourist visa fees
The fees depend on the visa type:
- Type 1: short-term and single-entry: 30 days from the date of entry and not extendable — 250 AED;
- Type 2: short-term and multiple-entry: 30 days from the date of entry and not extendable — 690 AED;
- Type 3: long-term tourist visa and single-entry: 90 days from the date of entry and not extendable — 600 AED;
- Type 4: long-term and multiple-entry: 90 days from the date of entry and not extendable — 1740 AED.