French visa photo
Although France is a Schengen country, it has its own visa requirements.
Documents for all types of short-term visas are accepted at the French Consulates and Visa Centers. They can be submitted by passport holders, close relatives (with proof of kinship) or accredited travel agencies.
Table of contents
- Documents required for French visa application
- French visa photo requirements
- French visa photo tool
- Can I wear glasses in the French visa photo?
- French visa photo: matte or glossy?
- Where can I get help with my French visa photo?
- What types of French visas require photos?
You have to provide two photos along with your visa application. Photographs must match the French visa photo requirements for the visa request to be completed successfully.
Documents required for French visa application
To obtain a tourist visa to France, it is necessary to submit the following documents:
- Passport valid for at least 3 months at the time of the intended return;
- A copy of the first page of the passport with the applicant's photo and data, as well as pages with marks about children (if any).
- Old passports with expired visas;
- A copy of your national ID or internal passport;
- Application form downloaded from the website and filled out in French or English;
- Two photos compliant with French visa picture requirements;
- Receipt of payment of the consular fee;
- Originals and copies of round trip tickets;
- A copy of hotel reservation;
- A certificate from work with the prescribed position and salary;
- Bank statement;
- Medical insurance that should be valid throughout the Schengen area and for the entire duration of the trip with the amount of insurance coverage of at least 30.000 EUR.
The list of required documents differs depending on the type of visa.
French visa photo requirements
French visa application photo requirements are:
- French visa application photo size must be 35 mm x 45 mm (3.5x4.5 cm);
- The size of the face from the chin to the hairline should be 32-36 mm;
- There should be 3 mm (+/- 1 mm) from the crown to the top of the photo;
- The photo must be taken recently, no later than 6 months before the submission;
- The photo should be in color;
- The background should be light grey;
- The head should be in the center;
- The ears should be open;
- The face should be fully visible;
- The applicant should directly into the camera;
- Head tilt is not allowed;
- The facial expression should be without smiles or other emotions.
Here is a sample of a French visa photo:
French visa photo tool
What is the best way to take a photo for a French visa application? Because photo size for a French visa application is distinctive from most passport-sized photos, it is better to outsource this job to special online tools. With Visafoto you can take a photo for a French visa application from anywhere in the world!
Use our French visa photo cropping tool to see the quickest results. Simply upload a full-face photo taken under standard light. Visafoto will immediately resize and format it as needed, substitute the background with light grey. The resulting picture will fit 100% photo requirements for a French visa.
First, take a photo of yours like this one:
You will have two types of photos: a digital one is for electronic applications and a printable template.
Here they are:
Can I wear glasses in the French visa photo?
Yes, but the frame of the glasses must not obscure the applicant's eyes. Bulky frames are not allowed. Tinted or colored glasses are not allowed. The lenses of glasses should not glare in the photo.
French visa photo: matte or glossy?
The photo must be printed on quality matte paper.
Where can I get help with my French visa photo?
Support team of Visafoto will solve any problem with your photo 24/7.
What types of French visas require photos?
The information above suits the photos to the next types of visa:
- French tourist visa photo;
- French visit visa photo;
- French national visa photo;
- French transit visa photo;
- French student visa photo.