Germany visa photo
Although Germany is on the list of Schengen countries, it has separate requirements for the package of documents when applying for a visa.
You have to provide two photos with the other papers for any visa application. If the photo does not meetGerman visa photo requirements, your unprocessed application will be rejected.
Table of contents
- Documents required for Germany visa application
- German visa requirements for minors
- German visa photo requirements
- German visa photo tool
- Can I wear glasses in German visa photos?
- German visa photo price
- German visa photo: matte or glossy?
- Where can I get help with my German visa photo?
- What types of German visas require photos?
To find out more, see the information below on photo requirements for German visa, including the size, quality, and background of the photo.
Documents required for Germany visa application
The package of documents for a tourist visa includes:
- Completed visa application form with signatures. The form must be filled out online, printed out along with the barcode received and signed in person by the applicant.
- Passport valid for at least 3 months from the end of the trip and with at least 2 blank pages;
- Two color photographs by photo requirements for a German visa;
- A photocopy of the passport page with a photo and personal data;
- A copy of all non-blank pages of the national ID or internal passport;
- Tickets for any type of transport, indicating the return date. If you plan to travel by your own car, you must provide documents for the transport and a detailed description of the trip;
- Accommodation booking or invitation letter indicating the dates;
- Medical insurance with minimum coverage amount 30,000 €;
- Receipt of full payment of the consular fee;
- Documents confirming the financial viability of the applicant. That can be an original bank statement for the last three months showing your remaining balance. If the trip is paid by a third party, you must provide a sponsorship letter from the third party in the prescribed form, a financial document of the sponsor, and a copy of the page with personal data of the sponsor's ID.
The list of required documents differs depending on the type of visa.
German visa requirements for minors
For a minor, the following documents must be attached:
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Consent for the departure of the child from both parents or guardians. If minor travel without parents or guardians, then the consent must be notarized. If the minor is accompanied by at least one of the parents or guardians, then the second certified by a notary consent is not required;
- If a child's entry permit is issued at different times with the parents, a copy of the parents' Schengen visa and proof that they are traveling together is required.
German visa photo requirements
The German visa picture must meet the following parameters:
- German visa application photo size is 3.5 × 4.5 cm (35x45 mm);
- The background of the photo is white or very light;
- The photo should only show the face, neck, and upper part of the shoulders;
- The photograph should be without framing elements in the form of cuts, corners, or ovals;
- The photo must be taken without any elements blocking the face;
- The facial expression should be neutral.
Here is an example of a German visa photo:
German visa photo tool
What is the most reliable way to take a German visa pic? As the German visa application photo size is really specific, it is best to commit this task to dedicated online tools. With Visafoto you can take a photo for a German visa application from anywhere in the world!
Use our online German visa photo editor to produce the quickest results possible. Only upload a full-face shot captured in natural light. Visafoto will instantly resize and format it as required, displace the background with plain white and enhance the overall image quality. The resulting image will match 100% German visa picture requirements.
First, take a photo of yours like this under daylight:
You will have two types of a file:
- A digital one is for electronic applications;
- A printable template with 4 individual German visa pics.
Here they are:
Can I wear glasses in German visa photos?
If you wear prescription glasses, you can take a picture with them. The main condition is that the eyes are visible. The frame should not be too thick.
German visa photo price
At Visafoto.com, a set of German visa pictures costs $7 US dollars .
German visa photo: matte or glossy?
The photo should be printed on high-quality matte photo paper.
Where can I get help with my German visa photo?
At Visafoto. Just write a letter to our support team which is ready to help you 24/7.
What types of German visas require photos?
The information above suits the photos to the next types of visa:
- German tourist visa photo;
- German national visa photo;
- German transit visa photo;
- German student visa photo.