Irish visa photo
Most foreign citizens need a visa to visit Ireland. Ireland is not a member of the Schengen Agreement. Thus an Irish visa cannot be used to travel to Schengen countries, just as a Schengen visa cannot be used to enter Ireland.
Among the other documents, you have to provide two photos corresponding to the Irish visa application photo requirements. High-quality photos are important for your successful Irish visa application.
Table of contents
- Documents for Irish visa application
- How to apply for an Irish visa online?
- Irish visa photo requirements
- Can I wear glasses in the Irish visa photo?
- Irish visa photo: matte or glossy
- Irish visa photo tool
- What types of Irish visas require photos?
Documents for Irish visa application
To obtain a tourist Irish visa, the following documents must be submitted to an Irish consulate:
- a copy of the first page of the passport with the applicant's data;
- 2 identical colour photo for Irish visa application;
- a questionnaire completed online at visas.inis.gov.ie;
- copies of the pages of the old passport, if it contains Schengen visas or visas of the USA, Canada, Great Britain, Australia;
- copies of all completed pages of the national ID;
- confirmation of the hotel reservation;
- an invitation letter in the case when the applicant travels to friends or relatives;
- a copy of a health insurance policy. This requirement is not mandatory, however, having a policy significantly increases the chances of a visa being issued;
- documents confirming the availability of funds sufficient to finance the trip;
- a certificate from the place of work;
- non-working pensioners will need to provide a photocopy of their pension card, a certificate from the place of work of the person who pays the travel expenses or a statement from his bank account, as well as a statement signed by the sponsor;
- students and schoolchildren are required to provide a student ID card (for the students only), a certificate from the place of study, a certificate from the place of work of the sponsor, as well as a statement signed by that person that he pays the costs of stay in Ireland.
- in the case when the applicant is accompanied by non-working family members, it is necessary to indicate in the certificate from work that he is a sponsor of persons travelling with him, and the salary must be at least $ 600 for each participant in the trip;
- a copy of the marriage certificate, even if the spouse will not accompany the applicant;
- a copy of the birth certificate of the children, even if they will not accompany the applicant.
How to apply for an Irish visa online?
Irish consulates only accept application forms completed online directly on the above-mentioned website visas.inis.gov.ie of the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs. When filling out the questionnaire online, the data is automatically sent to the visa department. After completing the questionnaire, the applicant must print out a summary data sheet and sign it.
Irish visa photo requirements
Photos attached to the application must meet the following Irish visa photo requirements:
- Irish visa application photo size should be 3.5x4.5 cm (35x45 mm);
- The head should occupy approximately 70 - 80% of the image;
- The photo should be in colour and clear;
- The picture must have a white or light grey monochrome background;
- Photos can not be attached to profiles;
- Write in block letters the name of the applicant and the transaction numbers assigned to the visa application after completing it online on the back of each photo;
- Eyes should be open, mouth closed, facial expression - neutral;
- The hairstyle should not cover the face, eyes;
- The photo should not have ovals, frames, and corners;
- The applicant must be depicted without hats and scarves, except for cases when it is necessary for religious reasons.
Here is an example of an Irish visa photo:
Can I wear glasses in the Irish visa photo?
Only glasses with transparent lenses allowing to see the eyes are permitted. Sunglasses are not allowed.
Irish visa photo: matte or glossy
The photo should be printed on high-quality photographic paper. The reverse of each photo should be white and unglazed. The type of the paper is not mentioned in the official Irish visa picture requirements.
Irish visa photo tool
What's the most reliable method to take a photo for an Irish visa application? As the photo size for the Irish visa application is pretty special and different from most passport size photographs, it is better to leave this task to the different online tools. With Visafoto you can take a photo for an Irish visa from all over the world!
Use our Irish visa photo cropping tool to see the speediest results. Now upload a full-face shot taken under standard lighting. Visafoto will quickly resize and format it as necessary, substitute the background with light grey, and improve overall image quality. The resulting picture will be 100% compliant with the photo requirements for the Irish visa application.
First, take a photo of yours under daylight like this:
You will have two types of photos. Digital - for electronic applications and a template for printing.
What types of Irish visas require photos?
The information above is applicable for the photos to the visa types as follows:
- Irish tourist visa photo;
- Irish transit visa photo;
- Irish student visa photo;
- Irish business visa photo.