Indian visa photo
It is a well-known fact that you have to apply for a visa before you travel to India. Only citizens of Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives can come to India visa-free.
Also, you should provide a photograph for an Indian visa according to the Indian visa photo requirements.
Table of contents
- Documents for Indian visa application
- Indian e-visa application
- Indian visa photo requirements
- Indian e-visa photo requirements
- Can I wear glasses in the Indian visa photo?
- Indian visa photo: matte or glossy
- Indian visa photo tool
- What types of Indian visas require photos?
Your Indian visa application photo must have been taken within 6 months no matter where you will get your visa. The possible ways are at the evisa, visa on arrival (available to citizens of Japan, South Korea and UAE), via an Indian consulate or a visa center. Pictures of a high level of quality are an essential part of your Indian visa application to be approved.
Documents for Indian visa application
The following documents are mandatory for your Indian visa application:
- visa application form, completed in English and printed, with two signatures under the photo and after the declaration;
- 1 color photo for Indian visa application 2x2 inch;
- round-trip air ticket;
- hotel booking confirmation or notarized invitations (with a copy of the photo page and the host's passport page address);
- a copy of the passport bio data page;
- a copy of the child's birth certificate (if he/she is traveling) (with an English translation);
- a notarized power of attorney on the absence of objections from either parent if the child accompanies one of the parents.
The list of documents may vary. It depends on the citizenship of the applicant.
Indian e-visa application
To obtain an e-Visa for India, you will need the following documents:
- scanned data page of your passport (PDF file size 10-300 Kb);
- 1 digital color square photo corresponding to Indian visa digital photo requirements.
When crossing the border, you must have with you a return ticket or a ticket to a third country, as well as confirmation of the availability of funds.
Here is the procedure of obtaining an e-visa to India:
- fill out an electronic form;
- pay the permit processing fee 4 days before your intended trip to India;
- track the status of the application on the website;
- permission is given for entry with a "window" of 30 days (if the application is submitted on September 1, you can enter the country from September 5 to October 4);
- after obtaining permission, print it out and keep it throughout your trip to India;
- upon arrival in the country, the biometric data of the entrant is compulsorily recorded.
Indian visa photo requirements
Taking your photo, follow the Indian visa photo guidelines below so that your Indian visa application will be approved.
- Indian visa application photo size is 2x2 inch.
- The picture for an Indian visa must be in colour.
- The photo must have a light background.
- Only clear pictures without blurring are allowed.
- Your head height should be from 1 inch to 1.375 inches. Generally, it should be about 1.3 inches.
- The upper part of the torso should be visible.
- Do not wear white clothes as it will not contract with the background.
- When photographing, look directly into the camera, it is not allowed to lower your eyes.
- Maintain a neutral, relaxed expression without various emotional expressions.
- Do not do fluffy bouffants or large curls, if you wear bangs, it is not allowed to push it over your face. Just do the usual simple open-forehead styling.
Take a picture no earlier than a few months before submitting the documentation to make the appearance as close to reality as possible following Indian visa picture requirements. In such a way the officials will easily identify you from the photo.
Here is an example:
Indian e-visa photo requirements
Here are the requirements for your Indian e-visa digital photo.
- The photo size for the Indian visa application is at least 350 by 350 and a maximum of m 1000 by 1000 pixels.
- The only valid format type is jpeg.
- The minimum document weight is 10 kb, the maximum allowable is 1 Mb.
- The photo is taken only in the full-face with open eyes.
- The photo has a light background.
- There are no shadows on your image.
- Your head should occupy at least 50% of the image.
Can I wear glasses in the Indian visa photo?
If you have poor eyesight, you can use glasses with transparent lenses. If you are using thick and eye-catching frames, the color of your eyes may change and your papers will be rejected.
Indian visa photo: matte or glossy
Photos must be printed only on high-quality matte paper. Use our guidelines to print out your Indian visa photo.
Indian visa photo tool
Where is the best place to take a photo for an Indian visa application? As Indian visa application picture size requirements are pretty specific and differ from most passport-sized photographs, it is better to commit this job to specific online instruments. With Visafoto you can make your Indian visa photo online from any place on earth!
Use our Indian visa photo cropping tool for the quickest result. Simply upload your full-face picture taken in normal light.
It should look like this:
Visafoto will immediately modify the size and format, replace the background with plain white, and improve the image quality. The resulting picture will be 100% submissive to the established requirements.
You will get two types of photos. A digital one is for electronic submission and a template for printing.
What types of Indian visas require photos?
The information above suits the photos for the following visa types:
- Indian tourist visa photo;
- Indian transit visa photo;
- Indian business visa photo;
- Indian student visa photo;
- Indian medical visa photo;
- Indian worker visa photo.